Welcome Home!

CHAPTER 75

Demi's POV 

        "WELCOME HOME DEMI!" All of my relatives shouted as I walked through the door of my childhood home. Mac clutched me tighter and yelling. I gave everyone a huge smile. "Thanks guys!" My cousin, Aris, came bouncing up to me, I gave her a side hug with the arm that wasn't holding Mac. When she saw my daughter clinging to me her face lit up. "Oh my God! Demi! She's so cute!" I smiled, and leaned in to talk in Mac's ear. "Hey babygirl? This is Aris. She's really nice, can you say hi?" Mac peered out from my hair, and gave Aris a tentative wave with a smile small. "Hi." She said shyly. Aris returned the smile, "Hi i'm Aris!" Mac was more open this time, "I'm Mac." Aris nodded, "Do you wanna come and play?" Mac nodded and reached out from my body to Aris, who picked her up and held her on her hip, then walked away, disappearing in the crowd of people. 

             A tap on my shoulder made me turn, then scream. I jumped on the girl in front of me, my cousin, Sarah, who laughed, and hugged me back. "How ya doin' Dems?!" She said excitedly. I pulled away from the hug and got a good look at her. She had shaved a part on her jet black hair on the side, and had a new nose piercing, she looked badass. "I'm doing great! But what'd you do to your hair?" I almost yelled. Sarah laughed and ran a carefree hand through her hair, "Do you like it? I needed a change." I smiled and reached up to pet the buzzed side, "I love it! It looks fucking badass!" Someone smacked the side of my head and I yelped, turning to see my mom glaring at me. "Demetria Devonne Lovato! Your grandmother is over there and wouldn't like to hear you talking like that-" "FUCK YES." A yell came from where she was pointing, a football game was on the T.V and it looked as though the Cowboys had scored against the Giants. My eighty-eight year old grandma was dancing around the couch. I smirked and my mom and turned back to Sarah, who was cracking up. "So how're ya doin'? She said in her twang accent that I had missed so much. I smiled, "Really good!" She nodded, then said in a more serious tone, "And the food thing?" I sighed,"It's more difficult around a lot of people, but better when I'm home. Just a daily struggle, but i'm working on it." Sarah nodded, she understood my struggle with eating because she too, had dealt with an eating disorder and was one of the people who encouraged me to go to treatment in the first place. She smiled at me, "I wish I could say that it gets easier." I nodded, and smiled. "It's okay Sarah, I'm doing good right now. I should go find Mac though, God knows what type of things Aris and Maddie are doing to her." Sarah let out a cackle that we had both inherited,"Good luck!" Then walked off to join the crowd watching the football game. 

           I wandered around the big, familiar house until I got to a white doorway at the end of the hallway. I slowly turned the doorknob and looked in. Mac and Maddie were sitting on the bed, Maddie was crying and it looked like Mac was trying to console her. I knocked quietly and Maddie whipped her head around, fear evident on her face. Tears were running down her cheeks. "Maddie?" I said, knitting my eyebrows together in confusion, "What's wrong babygirl." Maddie just shook her head and walked past me, hurrying out of the room, wiping her face. I walked in and sat next to Mac, "What's wrong with MadMad?" Mac just shrugged, "I don't know." I narrowed my eyes, "Mackenzie, What happened?" Mac huffed and turned her body so it faced mine, crossing her arms. "I can't tell you. I'm not allowed to." This time, Mac surprised me. She's never this stubborn, it must be really serious if Maddie won't even tell me. I raised an eyebrow, "Why not?" Mac shrugged, "It's none of your business." She stated bluntly. My mouth dropped open, "Mac. If Maddie is in trouble, or hurt, I need you to tell me. Right now." Mac shook her head. "No." I took her hands, "Mac you need to tell me what's going on. It could be really important." Mac hesitated, so I took the chance, "C'mon babygirl, I won't even tell Maddie you told me. I just need to know what's going on." Mac opened her mouth and took a deep breath. "Maddie.. has.... Maddie told me not to tell you I'm sorry momma." She caught herself at the last second and I let out a frustrated sigh, "Alright babygirl, go play with the other girls." Mac stood up and hugged me tightly around the waist. "I love you momma." I smiled, and stroked the back of her head, "I love you to baby." Mac lifted her head and rested her chin on my stomach, looking straight up at me, "Always?" I smiled, "Always babygirl."