Russel's

CHAPTER 59

Demi's POV 

         We decided to go to Russel's, a tiny, kid-friendly joint that had a history of celebrity visits, so they knew how to deal with paparazzi. Luckily, no one saw Nick getting in the car with us, so we weren't followed. When we walked in, they treated us like any other customer, except the Chef, a short man with a black mustache, came out to take our order. "Hello, my name is Russel. What can I get for your entreès and appetizers?" He said, in a thick Italian accent. Mac told me she wanted pasta and sauce, Nick got lasagna, and I got a signature salad. Nick raised his eyebrows at my choice and looked concerned but I mouthed 'later' to him and he nodded.

          After about five minutes of sitting down it became clear that Nick and Mac got along wonderfully. He had always been great with kids, but Mac took to him even better than she got along with Niall. she'd been getting so much better about the shy thing, and it made me happy t see how far she's come. Nick was in the middle of telling her a joke when the food came out, not even fifteen minutes after we had placed our orders. It tasted amazing, and the huge salad they gave me filled me up as I ate every last bite. Nick finished in minutes and Mac was still trying to figure out how to put the pasta onto her fork. "Here." Me and Nick said at the same time, and reached over to help her. Our hands touched and it may sound cheesy, but sparks flew. I pulled mine back in shock, but Nick just froze and looked at me incredulously. We stared at each other for a couple of seconds before Mac got impatient. "Mamaa I'm hungryy!" She stated, and pouted. Nick snapped out of it and cut up the pasta for her, then showed her the correct way to get it on the fork. The silence that had come between us quickly vanished as Nick told the punch line of the joke he'd forgotten about and we all laughed. 

          After about a half hour at the restaurant, we got the check, at it was still pretty early. Mac was begging Nick to come over our house and 'Play' but before I could tell her no, Nick smiled and told her yes. I arched an eyebrow at him as Mac danced around in victory. He shrugged and mouthed, 'later' I narrowed my eyes in annoyance, and then rolled them. "Well let's go then." I suggested, as we exited the building. Nick went to get in the front seat but I stopped him, "I'm sorry, but my daughter's friends usually sit in the backseat with her, especially if they're going on a playdate." Nick chuckled and went to get into the passenger seat anyway, but I quickly child locked it. He looked at me, and I pointed to the backseat. Sighing, he got in and Mac giggled. I started the car, and began the drive home. 

         The whole time in the car, Nick and Mac giggled and told jokes to each other. Occasionally I would look back and Nick would nudge her to stop talking, then Mac would start laughing and Nick eventually lost his straight face to join in. New body, same old Nick. 

          Soon, we got home and Nick got out, opening mine and Mac's door before either of us could, and helped Mac out of her carseat. Undoing the child locks in seconds, which usually takes me ten minutes. I grumbled and rolled my eyes as Mac told him all about how I could 'never get this damn thing to work.' Which Nick boomed with laughter about. "Yeah Yeah very funny." I snapped, as I opened the door, Nick whispered something in Mac's ear that caused her to giggle again. I shut the door behind them. Nick put Mac down and she immediately grabbed his hand and led him to the living room, showing him all of her toys, and giving him her favorite doll. They played like that for a while, until I said to come into the den for a movie. Mac squealed at the one I had picked out, Lion King. She hates the hyena part, but loves the singing. Mac and I sat on either end with Nick in between us, and started the movie. 

________

Today might be a double? idk this is short because I updated twice yesterday but i'm feelin generous.. so maybe another today(:

Love ya'll!

-Rachel