My father was 121 when I was born, which results to him being 21 years old in vampire years. My mother, being human, was only 19 when I was born. They thought that she would've died giving birth to me but she didn't, since I showed that I was human. That was my gift.

A gift is something you are born with. My gift was I looked like a human being. I wasn't born with pale skin or any teeth at all. I grew up quickly actually.

When my father's pack heard what had happened, they weren't pleased. They wanted me to go away or be killed. I was already 5 years old when they learned of my existence from my father' friend. My mother and father hid me, they took me out of the state and moved somewhere far from the pack. We were there for a long time. When I turned 18, my vampire inside of me showed. My body no longer changed and it stayed of being 18. Now, since I'm 118, my body could slowly age and look older.

One night, I was thirsty. I told my mother what was happening to me since I suddenly showed my fangs. My father couldn't believe that his son was actually a vampire. We rejoiced with me going on a hunt by myself. It was one of the regrets I had done.

I met Juliet, the girl who is hunting me down now, I liked her from the very start I laid my eyes on her. She was a beauty I never thought I would see, before. I thought she would like me back. But I never knew that she was only out to get me.

I told her about my family and all our secrets. I thought I could trust her that's why I told her that my father was John Freeman, he was part of their pack before. I noticed how she would suddenly get interested at the name of my father. I learned that the hard painful way.

After many years passed by, my family and I decided on being part of Juliet's pack once again. My father wasn't actually pleased at the idea being reunited to his old pack again but wanted me to live a very peaceful life with the other vampires. They were intrigued at how I looked human and was the only one who was tanned there. I thought I was somewhere where I could finally belong. I guess I was wrong.

At the start of the 21st century, everything changed. Everyone started treating my family badly and saying that my mother was a weakling. My father actually turned her to a vampire when we went back to the pack but everyone still treated her badly. Juliet and I were actually a couple and I thought that she was the one. It never came to me that we had a mate, I thought whoever we picked was going to be with us forever. But being my naive self, thought everything would be alright.

One day, I left my mother at home. My father was out working. He was a chemist. They assigned him to make a smell that won't make other creatures know that we were vampires. He created the cinnamon smell and was injecting it to a few people. It would wear out after a few days but it was one of the greatest inventions by my father. Anyway, my mother was left alone and I was actually out on a date with Juliet. It was already our 2nd anniversary and I was just waiting for Juliet in the woods since I prepared a romantic picnic for the two of us. I waited for a few hours and still she hadn't showed up. I decided to check my mother if she was alright and if she wanted anything.

When I got to my house, I noticed my front door was bust open so with the used of my vampire speed I went inside and witnessed Juliet, the girl who I fell in love with, was tearing my mother into shreds with the help of her friends. My mother was crying out in pain and I couldn't witness what had happened. I was stronger than anyone else, that was a fact, so I bit everyone else's neck off besides Juliet's. I just tied her up. I wanted answers. I was already hurt and I diminished the feeling I had with Juliet in seconds. She wouldn't answer me, I threatened her that I would kill her but she won't budge. I don't understand why they hurt my mother.

I left her tied up and ran to my father. I told him what had happened and he explained to me why they did that. It was because my father killed Juliet's mother before I was born. Her mother wanted my mother to die so she could spend her lifetime with my father. Juliet's mother loved my father so much and later on conceived a baby girl with Juliet's father. It turns out that Juliet's mother was cheating on Juliet's father with my father and when Juliet found out about this, she was mad at my mother for taking her mother's lover.

That's why my father and I ran away from our pack. We didn't want to be killed too and was already empty without my mother. I later on turned to a player in school because I was heartbroken on what had happened to me. I never thought I would meet someone who could actually love me. Since the first time, the person was set out to break me. We were and still are on the run for over several years now and their looking for us to either kill us, which is likely to happen and since they killed my father already, and also to get my father's secret on how to make a vampire invisible to the other creatures through smell and it would be easier for a vampire to kill. That secret, is with me. And that secret is locked in my brain.

I finished as Angel just looked at me with pure sadness and she hugged me. "Mason, I love you. Even though I don't say it. I love you." She said. I smiled and said that I also loved her.

"I also want to ask about your diet." She stated. I laughed and simply explained that a vampires could eat anything. We didn't have any diet, well, we actually don't eat much sweets since it makes us feel lethargic.

"Oh okay. Thank you for explaining everything to me." She smiled and added, "and I'm sorry about your mother."

"It's okay. It's not like it's your fault. Also, I'm just happy that I found someone who can make my body warm without doing anything but being close to me. I love you." I said. She smiled and we just hugged.

I cleaned the plates and afterwards, we watched some television.

"You know, I always wanted to have peace with Juliet's pack." I blurted out.

"I know that." She smiled and was about to say something when someone on the door knocked. We were unaware of whoever it is and I let Angel open the door.

I heard the door open and the next thing I knew, Angel whimpered in pain as she was pinned to the wall and I was standing with my mouth open, totally shocked about what was happening.

"Hey sweetie. Missed me?" She said with a devilish smirk.