Elizabeth?

Previously on: Life

Ciel nodded a few times, sighing. "Well, now I feel sheepish." The boy shrugged. "I mean, I did save your life a few times, you saved mine as well, we were kinda supposed to get married..." 

Gasping, the blond removed herself from the demon. "Ciel?" 

"Yeah," he smiled gently. "It's me." 

"Oh my gosh, I thought-" 

Ciel nodded, "I know. 

Tears welled up in the blond's eyes as she held trembling hands to her lips. "You're not dead?"

"I could ask the same of you," Ciel moved a step toward the girl. She seemed older now, not by more than a few years, though those years had turned her round cheeks into a smoothened surface that gave way to a femininely square jaw. The age had born her closer resemblance to her beloved mother, how Ciel admired her. "Last I heard of you, you'd taken your own life. Yet here you stand, over a hundred years later looking barely 17."

"I saw you, your corpse! It was... so cold, Ciel." She shuddered closing her eyes as if to blink the memorh away. "You were so cold."

Charles' hand found her shoulder and rubbed soothing circles. "It wasn't him, dear, it was all a mirage, ploy by Sebastian to gain some of the Phantomhive fortune."

"All these years and you never told me?" Elizabeth looked to the demon with knit brows, emerald eyes warped by tears. "My fiancé was alive?"

Closing her eyes, Charles shook her head. "I only knew of it recently, myself. I... I didn't know how to bring it up to you."

Elizabeth heaved a deep sigh, regaining some remainder of composure, before Ciel finally grew impatient and inquired "Could I possibly learn as to how Lizzie is alive? Did she not drown over a century ago?"

"Oh Ciel, it's such a long story... Even I don't understand all of the details myself," Lizzie began, dabbing gently at the corner of her eye.

"Ah yes, and I have full understanding of the nuances of homosexual demonic romantic murder plots involving involuntary time-travel," the exasperated boy groaned. "At least try?"

"Well," Elizabeth began, walking toward the bench he had previously occupied, Charles' arm remaining wrapped about her. "I suppose, my father, married to your father's sister, had the blood of a fairy within him. Or rather, was a carrier of the fairy gene."

"To be perfectly candid," Ciel interjected, holding his forehead to his hand. "I am beyond confused."

"I was too," Elizabeth giggled, looking appriciatively to Charles when the demon placed a supportive hand upon her knee. "My fathers mother, my paternal grandmother, she was a fairy who was tricked into a marriage with a human man, my grandfather. He forced her into secrecy, so she never told my mother of her heritage."

The boy made a "go on" motion with his hand when she paused to make sure he was keeping up.

"Once my grandfather died, grandmother disappeared, going back to her home in the forest to take up her rightful position."

Ciel, feeling really insignificant at being the only human in his past, sighed "Her position?"

"Ruler... of the Faery... the Faery Queen, to be exact." Elizabeth held an awkward smile, unsure how the boy would react.