Devil In Disquise

Recently on The Life: 

You were at peace, until later that day- but that's a tale for the next chapter. 

The Next Chapter:

Ciel ran a hand through his hair as he walked down the stairs, the faint aroma of Irish Spring male body wash mixed with the gentle scent of his cologne radiating off his freshly cleaned skin. After finishing up his sleep, he'd showered and gotten dressed, his towel dried hair still damp and perfectly mussed. A dark blue v-neck tee-shirt of Lance's hung off his shoulders, hanging low enough to hide the tightness of your black leggings around his crotch (he'd decided that his briefs would be counter intuitive under the leggings). The only article of his clothing he wore was one of his flannels you insisted he buy, the arms tied around his waist to keep him from looking too box-y. He'd also borrowed the dark grey booties you'd left on the floor, the two inch heel making him stand a little taller, whilst also making his calves enviable under those leggings. 

"What's that?" He asked as he reared the end of the stairs, looking over the couch to where you reclined, calmly watching tv. 

"That 70's Show, it's pretty chill," You responded lackadaisically, waving a hand towards him in a motion for him to sit. The bluenette did so, pulling up your legs before plopping down, replacing your legs on his lap. "Are those mine?" 

Ciel nodded, giving the fabric a tug. "Yes, I like them." 

"Oh," You said, giving him a once over. "Cool." 

You stayed like that, watching the show, Ciel asking questions about the plot or commenting on something on occasion. Until the finale of season 2 ended and you sat up for a stretch break. Reaching up and mussing the growing locks, you inquired. "It's about time we refresh your hair, wanna head down to the mall?" 

He shrugged. "Lance is leaving tonight, you sure you wanna just leave?" You halfheartedly nodded, mimicking his shrug. 

"He's always leaving," You began, leaning against his shoulder and looking at the tv. "It's not that much of a big deal to me anymore." 

Wrapping an arm around your shoulder as the opening credits began, Ciel muttered. "Oh," Absentmindedly rubbing his thumb up and down your exposed skin soothingly, he continued. "Might as well get out of the house, see some different faces." 

You nodded, not bothering to remove your cheek from his shoulder. "Yeah, like Francis, wonder if his life has been as interesting as ours." 

"Doubtful," Ciel let out a single chuckle, the rumble in his throat rattling through his bones until you felt it in your cheek. "So we going?" 

You shrugged. "Sure." He gave you two pats on the arm before you stood up, him following curtly. "I'll go tell dad," Jogging upstairs, you informed Lancelot of your departure, receiving a chaste kiss on the cheek and a quick farewell as he was busy on the phone with his boss. Stopping by your room, you grabbed your purse and slung it over your shoulders before bounding back down stairs to greet Ciel. 

"Instead of waiting for a cab, I already texted Charles asking if she could drive us," Ciel said, slipping away his phone. "She and the lovebirds are already out in the driveway waiting." 

Sighing, you nodded. "Smart move, buddy," You pecked his cheek in thanks before opening the door. 

Wiping the kiss off his cheek, he muttered. "I told you not to call me that." 

Skipping out, you saw the beautiful black '65 Convertible Chevy Mustang that sat regularly in Charles' driveway that you always oh-so-dearly wanted to drive in. You and Ciel sat in the back with Ali, Charles having shotgun with Seb driving. Good thing it wasn't a long drive because you'd been silly enough to chose sitting in the middle, and were now sitting between an annoyed Ciel on your right and an excited Ali who couldn't stop complimenting Ciel on his outfit choice on your left. Thankfully, both boys had small-ass hips, so you weren't squished. Leaning up, you asked Seb to turn up the radio, completely shutting out the redhead beside him.