Don't Call Me That!

"D-Darren?" You stutter, stomach curdling at the sight before you. Your brother sprawled out motionless on his bedroom floor, several wounds covering his body, each seeping blood onto the carpet. "Darren..." Your voice is merely a hoarse whisper as you walk in and drop to your knees beside his body. Without a sound you lay beside him and hold him to your small frame as silent sobs rack through your small body. "Why...?"

"Mom, you need to eat." You say gently to the distraught woman. With a shaking hand, you place a tray of food in front of your mother. "Please, you haven't eaten in days," She stayed curled up, her knees under her chin, (e/c) eyes looking off to nowhere. "At least drink some water, please mom,"

"Stop calling me that." She hoarsely whispered, her voice barely used.

"What, mom?"

"Stop calling me that!" Your mother screeched, her hand dashing over to the nightstand and grabbing the closest object- a sharp nail file. "How can I be a mother if my child is dead?" She shouted, taking the pointed end of the file and stabbing it into your stomach. "What kind of a mother lets her child die? I am no mother of anyone! Stop calling me that!" Pushing the file in so deep that her hand was pressing into your stomach, she glared coldly at you; all remnants of the woman who loved you gone.

"(mother's name)! What are you doing!" Your father shouted from the doorway. Sprinting over to you he grabbed her arm and tried removing it from the weapon but as he tried, the insane woman sank her teeth into his flesh. He cried out in pain and with his other arm instinctively smacked your mother away from him, effectively tearing out a chunk of his skin and knocking your mother unconscious.

"We've gotta do something about this!" He shouted picking you up with his good arm to rush you both to the emergency room while he could.

"She has to go, honey. It's for the good of all of us," Your father placed a warm comforting hand on your small shoulder. It was anything but comforting. It just emphasized that it was real, this wasn't just some horrible nightmare that you would wake up from.

You're brother had actually committed suicide, you're mother had actually gone insane, she had actually attacked you and your father, and now, she was actually being sent away by her husband to a place that would likely put her in a patted room with mittens on her hands and force feed her. All in under a year, you're entire world, everything you cared for and depended on...gone forever.

Tears welled up in your eyes as you saw your mother being drug from her home, arms behind her back and teeth bared she screamed and shouted nonsense. Her eyes flowing forth tears of both sorrow and anger, she was pulled away, too weak from lack of food to properly fight back.

"Mom..." You cried, face contorting in sadness.

"Don't call me that you damn brat!" She growled at you, the look in her eyes proof she wasn't your mother anymore.

"(name)!" Ciel shouted again, holding your sobbing form closer to him. "Wake up! You're crying!" Shaking you with more force than before, you woke with a scream. "What is it, (name)?"

Without a response, you instinctively dove into his chest for comfort, the sobs still racking through your body. Ciel held you closer to him, it was obvious that's what you wanted, no matter how uncomfortable it made him. Your head resting on his shoulder, he held you close, his hand running through your hair in the most comforting manner he could as he rocked you slowly back and forth.

This has gone down a dark path really quickly. I'm sorry. It just sort of happened. ._.