Bad JuJu In The Shadow Realm

"Okay, so James, what do you remember?" Asked Charles, fists on his hips as he looked down to the slightly conscious James. You, Ciel and Charles (mostly you and Charles) had taken turns carrying James to the nurse's office. Sadly, she wasn't in, so you had to treat to his wounds.

He tried to lean up from the tiny and extremely uncomfortable bed, but was gently pushed back down by your hand on his chest. "No, no, don't strain yourself, Jamesy, you need to rest."

"He needs to tell us what happened." Butted in Charles, crossing his arms and looking expectantly to the Hockey player. You turned and gave him a look filled with maternal sass- a lil something you had whenever someone got hurt.

"He needs to rest." You hissed, before snapping your head to Ciel who was filling up a bag with ice for James. "Right, Ciel?"

"Whatever makes you less snippish, (name)." Ciel groaned, placing a wash cloth over James' forehead and placing the ice bag over it.

"As you wish, Your Highness." Charles said sarcastically, giving a mock bow at the waist. Ciel had a flashback of another man who had said that, the same tone and expression given with it and it made him shiver a bit. "Whenever he's ready, call me over. Imma make a quick call to BroBro and tell him what's up. Something about this whole sitch seems a lil fishy to me."

"You do that." You replied, used to his snarkiness, but, in all honesty, you were completely done with his shit at the moment. "Ciel, go down the hall, take a right at the third water fountain, a left at the lunch hall, pass by the chorus room, take a left at the second water fountain past the brick that has a face indent, then go down the opposite hallway from your right and you should find the Home Ec classroom, go get a pillow for him there." Ciel simply looked at you with a raised brow and a 'really' expression on his face.

Sighing, you make sure that James is comfortable before wiping your hands on your pants. "I'll be back in a few, if he starts talking, listen astutely. Don't disturb him though, kay?"

Before he had a chance to respond, you were already out of the door.

"Non, mon frère, je vous ai dit! Nous avons juste trouvé lui passa derrière les rideaux!" Charles near shouted into his phone, visibly getting frustrated. Pausing to hear his brother's response, his foot was tapping impatiently. "Toi idiot! Que dois-je leur dire?"

Ciel was getting interested, his knowledge of the French language not going unused as he listened in to the eccentric person's conversation.

"No, I didn't feel anything weird." Ciel knit his brows in confusion at their words, listening a bit more intently. "Yes, asshat, I'm not a dumbass, I couldn't get his name wrong. How could I? It's a very memorable name."

What is she (he?) talking about? Ciel mentally thought, unconsciously leaning towards the teen as they started to loudly argue in French.

"You asshat, I am not!" Charles paused, listening to the phone with an impatient tap of the foot. "How would I explain that, exactly?......DO YOU THINK I'M INCOMPETENT, YOU UNEDUCATED, ILL MANNERED, POMPOUS AND PERVERSE BEAST OF BURDEN?"

Ciel honestly didn't know such vernacular could possibly fit into Charles' head. Apparently it could.

"Fine, as you wish." Charles groaned. "Au revoir, frére." They ended politely, only to get furious once more with a stomp of their foot. "I SAID AU REVOIR!" With that final shout, they pushed the end call button and slid the phone back into their jeans.

"What were you going on about, Charles?" Ciel asked, as though he hadn't understood her French.

"Oh, that," Charles waved a hand like it was nothing, sticking a black earbud in and blaring heavy metal screamo. "It was just Big BroBro, he's pretty much an expert on this school and knows like a fuck ton about its history. Apparently there is bad JuJu in the Shadow Realm."