Chapter 2 - Bunny

Start from the beginning

"I don't understand how you can hate your sister. She seems okay," Darcy says.

"She's annoying and always trying to do the things she's not allowed to do. Plus, she's always telling on me when she doesn't get her way," I say, rolling my eyes.

"You think she's still mad about your parents?" Darcy asks.

I shrug. "I don't care what she thinks. Dad's still guilty no matter what."

I hear Summer's door open, and she comes into my room wearing a short maroon leather skirt with a gold zipper in the front, a black halter top, and some black platform boots.

"I'm ready," She says, "You're not wearing that? Are you?" Pointing at the outfit. I was wearing some skinny jeans and a pink blouse. My shoes were just some flats I had at the back of my closet.

"Well, unless you're going to offer to buy me a new wardrobe, then I guess this is what I'm going with," I say.

"You could always change the pants and the shoes," Darcy chimes in.

"Here." Summer says, handing me a pair of flared jeans that were high-waisted. "You should pair it with these boots." She points at a pair of black boots I had next to my beat-up converse.

I took their suggestions and changed my outfit. I ended up liking it after I looked at myself in the mirror. I nodded with approval, "I guess it's not that bad."

"Not that bad? Your choice of attire is horrendous," Summer says with disgust. "I guess that's why no guys pay attention to you."

"Oh, shut up!" I say with a scowl.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Darcy parked the car on the long strip of the neighborhood street. Others did the same as we all followed the sound of bass blaring through the speakers. It wasn't as loud as I thought it would be since it was in a nice part of the city.

"Whatever you do, don't get involved with the football players, and don't take drinks from people you don't know," I told Summer as she applies a layer of lipgloss.

Darcy was getting her bag from the back seats while Summer, was putting on some final touches.

"I know," Summer says, rolling her eyes. "I'm not as dumb as you think I am."

"Yeah, but you still don't know what kind of people are gonna be attending," I say.

"Okay, let's go. I got everything we need here, and in case we get separated we could always meet at my car at a certain time if needed," Darcy says.

We all nodded in agreement and made our way to the front yard of Gwen's house. People were lounging around in the front, talking and smoking while the rest of the party animals were inside. Once the front door opened, Gwen put on a big smile on her face and welcomed the guests.

"Hey, guys! Nice to see you came. Help yourselves to some drinks and snacks in the kitchen. Don't be shy!" Gwen says over the loud music that was blaring.

The minute we walked into the house, I immediately spot people dancing with each other like this was some r-rated club. The lights were dim, and disco lights were illuminating the place. Other party goers chatted in the dark corners with drinks in hands, while some seemed to be passed out.

"Let's check out the drinks!" I hear Darcy yell into my ear.

I nodded and made sure Summer was behind us. We head into the kitchen, where others were getting drinks too. There was beer, whiskey, vodka, and all sorts of drinks that could easily knock a teen out.

"What're you getting?" Darcy asks.

"I don't know. I don't drink," I say.

"Here," she says, pouring out something from a pink bottle. She handed me the cup, "You'll like it."

I took a sip and tasted the fruitiness of the drink along with the taste of the alcohol. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

"Good, right?" Darcy asks with a smirk.

I nod. I watched as Summer contemplated about getting a drink or not.

"Only one," I say.

She looks at me and pours the drink from the same bottle.

"Oh, look, here comes trouble," Darcy says as she pokes me and points to Vincent.

Vincent and Maxine came through the front door looking like the hottest couple. Vincent wore a black button-up shirt with the sleeves rolled up, exposing his tattooed arms. Roses and vines wrapped around his forearms as the thorns led up to the covered part of the arm. His black pants and black boots completed the look.

Maxine wore a skin-tight mini-red leather dress with some matching thigh-high boots. Her blonde hair was perfectly curled, and her makeup, was applied flawlessly. Her cleavage was stealing the spotlight. She was holding onto Vincent's arm. Her claws were digging into his skin. A couple of guys stare at Maxine with lustful gazes while envious girls stare at Vincent, hoping to get lucky. Vincent greeted his friends with a half hug and fist bumps while Maxine stood there awkwardly.

"I should probably go somewhere else," I say, "I don't want him to think I'm obsessed."

"Are you down to play some beer pong?" Darcy asks.

"We should play!" Summer says.

We head towards a table that had been set up with red solo cups and ping pong balls. There were already two teams playing, but they let us line up for our turn.

"Well, if it isn't the girl who broke my phone," I heard Vincent announce from behind.

I turn around and come face to face with him. His cologne was the first thing I notice, and then it was the blue eyes. His black hair, was tousled with a few fringes hanging around his face. Why did he have to look so attractive but yet be an asshole?

"I offered to pay," I state.

"So you think I can't afford to pay for my phone?" he asks with a scoff.

"What?" I ask, "No, I just wanted to pay for the damages."

"I'm just kidding, bunny," he says.

The nickname caught me off guard. "Bunny?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Yeah," he said, "it seems fitting. You're small. But, kind of cute. Yet you're annoying." He laughs.

Kind of cute. Interesting.

"Well, what does that make you then?" I ask.

"Nothing," he says.

"No, you're like a fox," I said, "You like to get a kick out of harassing the small ones."

Vincent laughs. "A fox? Harassing?"

I nod.

"You're funny, Lancaster. How about this," he says, "I beat you to a game of beer pong, and you entertain me for the night, and you fix my phone. But if you win, I'll do whatever you want me to. Is that a deal?" He asks with a devious smile.

"And you have to be nice to me every time you see me," I say, "I don't like assholes."

"Bunny, I am always going to be an asshole," he says with a smirk.