Chapter 16 - Electric

I see Darcy come back into the room as she tosses her phone on the bed

I see Darcy come back into the room as she tosses her phone on the bed. She was talking to Daniel about Vincent and I, and she wasn't being too quiet about it. I know she was telling Daniel all the things Vincent should do to fix this, but I honestly didn't care anymore. It was clear that Vincent saw me as a charity case and didn't actually have feelings for me. He was scared to admit it and now I just see him as a coward.

"So," she says, "two options, we either go to a party that Daniel was invited to or we can go out and get some food. I'm kind of hungry and I want to go out."

"Whose party is it?" I ask. I wasn't in a party mood, but a nice distraction would probably help get my mind off of today's events rather than be stuck inside the house, and let my mind wander about the things I should've done or said to Vincent.

"Gwen's brother," she says, "the one who's in a frat."

I nod, "Okay."

"You want to go?" she asks with wide eyes and then she cracks a devious smile.

I shrug. "Sure why not? I don't have clothes though." I point out the clothes I wore to school. Nothings wrong with them, but they don't exactly look like party attire.

"Here you can borrow this skirt. The shirt looks fine." She says digging through her closet pushing hangers aside. She tosses me a black pleated mini skirt. I raise my eyebrows at the bold choice.

"You think I can pull this off?" I hold the skirt up for her to take a good second look at it.

"Yeah, why wouldn't it be good?"

"I don't know. Maybe it's because I don't want my ass to be slipping out or something," I say with a shrug.

"You'll be fine," she says with a chuckle. "Daniel is a minute away."

She picks out her outfit which consists of a skin tight mini black dress. She throws on a denim jacket and picks up her phone, which was ringing.

"We're on our way out," she says, "yeah, okay."

I try the skirt on and feel a tad bit uncomfortable at how short the skirt is. I normally don't wear skirts and not at this length either. I knew that if I bent over too fast the skirt would ride up. I fix the pink blouse I was wearing and fix the flyaways on my hair. Darcy hands me her pink lip gloss and I apply it as she nods approvingly.

I want to roll my eyes and change my mind, but I already agreed and plus Daniel was outside waiting for us. "Just drink and forget about that asshole okay."

I nod and follow her out of the house as Daniel is in the driveway waiting for us. I slip into the backseat of the black Challenger SRT. Darcy slips into the passenger seat and greets Daniel with a kiss. "How are you doing, Charlotte?" Daniel asks.

I shrug. "I could be feeling better."

He nods as he looks at me through the rearview mirror. "You know I also think he's an asshole for doing that, but I know that he knows."