Chapter 18 - Engagement

I was currently laying in my bed with Vincent holding me in his arms

I was currently laying in my bed with Vincent holding me in his arms. I never thought we would get to this point, but here we are. I could hear his heart beating pretty loudly with my head on his chest, it wasn't fast and instead a steady pace.

"So when do you plan on opening your letters?" Vincent asks as he eyes the pile of mail on my desk. I look at where he looks and see the countless envelopes and packets. I already have an idea of where I have been rejected from.

"I'm a bit nervous," I say.

"Nervous? My smart little bunny is nervous? Why?" He chuckles.

I shrug. I sit up straight and look him in the eyes. He tucks a strand of hair behind my ear and lets his hand caress my skin. I can't get over the way he makes me feel and I don't think I could ever get used to it.

"We'll open them together," he says with a small smile.

"Alright, if you say so," I say as I get up from my bed and grab the stack of envelopes. The first letter was from UPenn. "This is one of my dream schools but I had a feeling that I wasn't going to be accepted."

"Did you apply to all of the Ivy leagues?" he asks.

"Most of them. At least the ones that I knew I had a small chance of getting into, but this one was just out of curiosity." I tear open the envelope and take out the letter. "Rejected." I don't even bother to read past the 'We regret to inform you'. I throw the letter with the envelope aside. About three rejections later from Oxford, Harvard and Yale, I got to the last five.

The letter on top was from the University of Washington, which is up North from California. It's a good school and the weather makes me want to rewatch all of the Twilight movies again and again. 

Congratulations.

"What does it say?"

"I got in," I say with a smile.

"See, if one school doesn't want you, then five others will. You should've been accepted everywhere as a matter of fact," he says furrowing his brows as he glares at the stack of rejections.

I let out a laugh and grab the next envelope. I purposely had them facing down to make it even more exciting and not spoil it for myself and I could see that Vincent was enjoying my raw reactions as well. Columbia University was the next one and I could feel my heart doing somersaults.

"This is the one I was looking forward to the most," I say as I rip the envelope open. I could feel my heart beat even faster as I slightly shook while I read past my name. My eyes widen and I feel my heart drop.

"No way," I say.

"Did they reject you too?" he asks with a worried look.

I shake my head. "I got in!" I say excitedly as I tackle him down on the bed, surprising him.