Chapter 19 - Adventure

The days flew by as we arrived at the last day of school before spring break

The days flew by as we arrived at the last day of school before spring break. Vincent and I spent time together planning the trip to Oregon and telling my mom that I would be going on a trip with Darcy as a cover up. My bags were ready to go and I was excited to travel but nervous for Vincent. I was afraid of how things would go with his father seeing this would be their first time meeting since his birth.

Darcy was helping me place my bags into her car and gave me a minute to say goodbye to my mom. I told her that I would be back by Sunday afternoon and that I would send pictures of the places we would go to. She easily bought the lie and watched me go.

The boys were already waiting outside of Darcy's house when we arrived and Vincent helped me move my bags to his car's trunk. I said my goodbyes to Daniel and Darcy, who looked like parents sending their kids off to college.

"Keep me in the loop of things okay," Darcy says, "In case your mom says anything or suspects something." I nod and head inside Vincent's car. Vincent closes the door after I get in and slips into the driver's seat seconds later.

"You ready, bunny?" He asks as he starts the car up.

I nod and give him an encouraging smile. We pull away from Darcy's driveway and I watch as both Daniel and Darcy head inside her house. I was glad that Darcy had someone who cared deeply about her like Daniel and did anything to win her over. It was easy to tell that he was just as infatuated with her like Darcy was with him.

The traffic wasn't as heavy as I thought it was but we still had a few more hours left until we would arrive at a place that the Holden Boys were staying. I was still questioning how those boys had time to move around and go to school at the same time. That is if they even went to school at all.

Darcy was texting me throughout the way asking how things were going and if anything happened between us since we left. She then said that it was Daniel who was being the nosey one and was curious if Vincent had tried anything on me. They were the two worst people to keep their curiosities low.

"Your mom?" Vincent asks as he looks over at me.

I shake my head. "Darcy and Daniel keep bugging us if we have done anything," I say with a snort.

"Did anything?" He asks with a raised eyebrow.

"Yeah, like romantically," I say with a chuckle.

"Pervs," he mutters and shakes his head.

"So where is this house anyways?"

"It's in the middle of the forest," he says, "It's their hideout. A cabin that their grandfather left for them when he died."

"In the middle of the forest huh?" I say, "Are you sure it's not a plan to bring me out here and dispose of my body?"

"Why would I want to get rid of the one person that I can actually stand talking to?" He says with a smirk.