Chatper 15 - Heat

I was well on my way towards the far city with the twin brothers who came to stay in town for the next few days

I was well on my way towards the far city with the twin brothers who came to stay in town for the next few days. I told them about the deal that was put into my hands and they were the perfect people to let in on the business.

"So what does this guy look like?" Ash asks furrowing his brows, making the scar on his right eyebrow prominent.

"Tan guy with a buzzcut and a tattoo on the side of his face," I say.

"You tell your girlfriend where you were going?" Sage asks from the back seat with a smirk.

"She's not my girlfriend," I mutter.

"Okayyy, but did you tell her?" Sage pushes.

"No," I say, "We're not talking anymore."

"Ooo," Sage sings.

"What did you do this time?" Ash asks.

"It's a long story I'd rather not waste my breath on."

We arrive at the dainty looking strip club that has neon signs of girls dancing on poles and other glowing advertisements such as LIVE NUDE GIRLS. HAPPY HOUR 5-7.

I park the car in the somewhat empty lot. There were only a few cars scattered across the lot and no security outside. I guess they didn't care who entered the building.

We all get out and head towards the entrance of the building. On the outside it was quiet with a few cars driving by in the low traffic, but inside it was blaring with loud trap music and neon lights illuminating the place. It wasn't as trashy as I thought it would be, but nonetheless I was here for a mission and not to judge the choice of location.

There was a group of men huddling in the middle of the club surrounding the main stage where they would wait for one of the dancers to come out. The bar wasn't empty as there were a couple of people sitting and drinking. The inside of the club was actually decent for the part of town it was in.

"So where should we wait?" Sage asks as he scopes the space around.

"I don't think he's here so should we sit at a table and wait?" Ash asks, staring at the group of drunk men hollering for the dancers to come out.

"Yeah, let's just act like we're some customers." We head towards an empty couch near one of the smaller stages with a glowing coffee table and sit.

A bottle girl approaches us and asks for our choice of drink. Sage being the playboy he is, begins to compliment her appearance. The bottle girl giggles like a schoolgirl and offers to bring us a bottle of her choice.

"I can see why guys like to spend their time here instead of going home to their wives," Ash comments.

I roll my eyes and sneak a few glances to the group of loud men that cheer instantly when three dancers come out. A loud rap song begins to play as they make their way to the different stages wearing little strings of clothing. Then a man emerges from the back door where the staff comes out. I focus my gaze on his figure when I realize that it's our guy.