Chapter 21 - Bittersweet

Now that Julie was standing in front of me, she did have some similarities that she shared with Vincent

We were at the train station's platform and Julie was holding onto a blue duffel bag, afraid and shocked as she stared at us with wide eyes. We see a man approach us who is visibly not as clean and sober as he should be. He also shares similar features with Vincent's dad, Anthony. On the car ride here, we were able to piece the information together that Julie's dad was the person Vincent was looking for and that Julie was in fact his cousin.

"He's here," Julie says quietly. "Just stay back and don't say anything."

"You got it?" Julie's dad asks with a gruff voice. It looked like he hadn't bathed in days and his eyes were red like he was on drugs. I wouldn't be surprised if the money was being used for drugs or alcohol to feed into his sad addiction. "Who the fuck are they?" He asks, raising his voice as he stares at us with those bloodshot eyes.

Julie stands in front of us, trembling as her hand shakes while holding the duffle bag. "They're just my friends. They don't know anything," she says quickly.

"Better not lie to me, bitch." He spat out as he snatched the bag out of her hand, causing her to flinch. He lets out a dark chuckle as he opens the bag and sifts through the bag. "If I'm even missing a fucking dollar, I will come and slit your fucking throat."

When he turns around, I see the guys appear with a boy I've never seen before. Vincent is staring directly at his uncle and the twins are blocking the exit behind them that leads into the station, in case he wants to run away. Julie's dad turns to us and glares at Julie. "You fucking told him?! I thought I made it clear to come alone." He takes out a pocket knife and points it at Julie.

"Don't you dare fucking touch her!" The boy spat out as he made his way towards us. He was seething with anger as he clenched his fists at his side, ready to kill this man with his bare hands. Vincent was trailing right behind him, but not as angry as the boy in front.

"I should've fucking killed you rather than your dad!" He yells out as he switches his attention to the boy. The boy freezes and stares in shock, while Vincent glares at him with disgust.

"It's not the first time he's ever killed someone with a car before," Vincent says, shooting daggers at the crazed man. "Right uncle Bill?"

Bill lets out a forced laugh. "Anthony's kid, huh? You look just like that coward."

"You let him take the fall and now he's serving time for something he didn't do," Vincent says, "You're the reason why I got sent off to those foster homes."

"Your mom didn't want you so I did the favor. She hated you. She hated that you were going to ruin her youth!" Bill says venomously. I could tell that his words hit Vincent hard as I watched the expression on his face shift for a second.

"Fuck you," Vincent says clenching his fists by his side.

"Now are you two done or what?" Bill asks, "I got places to be."