Bonus Chapter - Vincent

Chapter 1 - Cupid (Bonus Chapter Vincent's POV)

 It was Valentine's Day. The most dumbest fucking holiday that could exist.

I was trying to find Maxine all over the school, but she was nowhere to be found. It was her first day coming to school with her new look. She was nervous on the way here and it would be something for her to get used to. She was no longer hiding behind the frizzy hair and glasses and the large baggy clothes that she was so used to.

If this is what she wanted, I would gladly help her as long as she was able to help me. She came for my help a month ago when she had about enough of the teasing and constant rejections she faced on a daily basis. She wanted to change and get Austin's attention, someone who was more fixated on football and Tamara, the head cheerleader.

I was Maxine's shoulder to cry on and she paid her dues by helping me find my biological dad through a private investigator, something I wouldn't be able to do on my own. I see Maxine's car of the day pull up, a white Porsche that her dad gifted her for Christmas.

She parks beside my car and hops out. "Sorry, Amanda was trying to find me a good outfit for today," she says apologetically.

I couldn't help but notice that Maxine's legs looked really good in that short plaid mini skirt. In a perfect pink shade. Her torso was exposed as she wore a white v-neck shirt, showing off her cleavage that I didn't know she had.

When Maxine said she wanted a makeover, I didn't know she was planning on going all out and dressing like a whole different person. Maxine was naturally pretty, she just needed help with her hair, put on some contacts, and find clothes that accentuate her body parts. Maybe invest in some skin care products too.

"You look really beautiful," I say as she looks at me with a shy expression on her face.

"Does it look like I did too much?" She asks as she does a little twirl.

I shake my head. "You're fine."

"Okay, Austin should be by the football field with his buddies before class starts," she says, "should we pass by or should I just wait until later on to make a move?"

"Let him notice you first. If you pass by him and try to show off with a guy by your side, he won't like that and most likely brush you off," I say.

She nods, "anything else before we head in?"

"Don't listen to what Tamara says and just keep walking. Make sure your posture shows what you're thinking and don't give into the gossip," I say, "they'll always talk no matter what."

She inhales and exhales as she settles her nerves down. "Okay, I think I'm ready."

Maxine slips her hand into mine and I interlace them as we walk into the school together. Does this put me out of the market as Maxine 'claims' me? Of course it does. Every girl in a five foot radius will try to keep their distance from me and feel intimidated by Maxine. Maxine looked like a whole new girl and she was doing pretty good at keeping up with my pace, paying no mind to the people in the halls watching us.

There was one girl that I was actually considering getting to know for a while now. Well for years I'd say, and we've only had one class together in the four years of being in this school.

Charlotte Lancaster, Darcy Sato's best friend. She wasn't exactly the type you would find at parties drinking until the odd hours of the morning or thirsting over one of the guys on the teams. She was honestly nowhere to be found. She didn't attend dances, parties, games or even mixers.

She was like a ghost.

When I asked Daniel about her, he couldn't even put a face to the name, that's how unknown she was. Darcy on the other hand, was pretty well known for being the life of a party. She was the sociable best friend and the one that everyone had on their list to hook up with. I've only shared a kiss with her once before back in freshman year. It was a game of truth or dare and I was the chosen random guy that she had to pick to kiss.

I've never spoken to Charlotte before, but she seemed like she had a steady life going on. She was pretty smart from the times I was able to get a glimpse at her biology tests when we did have that class together. She was so well spoken and was just quiet. I wasn't the type to like loud girls and I guess that's why I agreed to help out Maxine, because she was also a quiet girl and freakishly smart as well.

"I'm heading to class now. I want to see if Austin is there already," Maxine says as we reach my locker.

I nod. "Sure, I'll see you at lunch." I watch Maxine walk away and she follows Sasha, someone she's recently gotten close with.

I grabbed a notebook that I needed for my advanced History class and unlocked my phone to send a quick text to Daniel when I felt someone bump into me as I was about to walk towards the staircase.

My phone falls to the ground, shattering the screen and I notice who the culprit was.

"Shit. I'm so sorry." I heard her say. Her voice was like honey. Sweet and smooth. I've heard her talk plenty of times, but she was always quiet when the teacher wouldn't call on her. The times that she did speak, I wanted her to continue. "I can pay to fix that." How cute.

There was a look of fear in her eyes like she was scared I would do something to her and that's when my demeanor changed. I snatched the phone of her hands and fought the urge to roll my eyes.

"You've done enough," I say as I brush past her and continue to walk to class before she tries to stop me or say something else.

I knew that she might've heard the rumors about me, I mean everyone has. I couldn't deny that I had a long list of assaults and charges and some of them were because of my short temper and people like to test my patience.

I didn't want her to think of me as some criminal, but I'm sure she already knew about me. Another reason not to get too close. Or she probably heard about the list of girls I've slept with which isn't even a long list.

It was true that I lost my virginity at the young age of sixteen which was to a college freshman. I was a victim, I know. Then it was a random hookup when I was drunk a couple months later. Victimized myself for a second time. The last one was with a girl I was starting to like in the middle of junior year, but she moved away and stopped talking to me. That was the only time I felt like I had control.

All of the other girls that came forward or talked about hooking up with me were lying. I've never touched any of them or looked at them in a way that suggested that I was trying to make a move.

So if I ever did try to make a move on Charlotte or even go as far as to talk to her in a friendly way, I had a long way to prove to her that I wasn't a douchebag. That is if she even wants to give me the time and day to talk to me.