Gone

You woke up in a daze, realizing it was night time now, probably around nine or ten. You noticed nobody was in the room with you. Then, a sudden wave of memories flooded back. You sat up quick and screamed in pain as you laid back down.

The same doctor raced in from before and came to your aid. She gently pushed you back down.

"You need to rest Y/n, you've been out for a few days."

You looked around frantically and settled your eyes back onto the doctors kind eyes

"Whe-wheres my baby? Where is it?" You questioned, feeling very frightened. She smiled and chuckled softly, then walked to the door. She said something to a nurse and she scuttled off.

"She'll be back in a second, I have a surprise for you,"the doctor said.

She laid a hand on yours, reassuring you everything would be alright.

A few seconds past and the nurse walked in with a pink blanket in her arms. She smiled as she stopped in front of your bed. Tears welled up in your eyes as she handed the bundle to you. You silently wept as the baby murmured softly in her sleep.

"She's a healthy baby girl. You could says she perfect," the doctor said.

"You could say she's an angel."

You looked at her, a happy expression on your face.

"Thank you so much," you told her softly, trying not to wake up your little girl.

"No need to thank me,"she told you.

"Do you know what you're going to name her?"

You looked at your bundle of joy then the Doctor.

"Well, I can't pick out the name without James. He has a say in this too," you say, looking at your baby.

The doctor's expression turned grim. She looked at you, the gloomy expression cowering on her face.

You frowned, "what's wrong?"

The Doctor tried to speak but no words came out.

At this point you knew something went terribly wrong, "Where's my boyfriend?"

She grabbed your hand once more, "Scotland Yard called in the middle of your birthing, saying that your partner was a criminal. I never realized he was the most wanted man in Europe, maybe even the world."

She looked at you as a tear slid down your cheek.

She continued, "the only reason he was there when your baby was born was because I saw the look in your eyes. You wouldn't have made it to the end without him. You needed his love and support to continue with the pain. So a few of the nurses convinced the Yard to let him stay for the end. When you passed out afterwords, they whisked him away."

You were full on sobbing now, tears falling on your baby's blanket. You looked down at your baby's face and kissed it. She was the only sign Moriarty ever existed.

"I'm so sorry Y/n. But maybe it's for the best, your free," the Doctor said.

You looked at her, tears staining your face.

"What do you mean 'free'?"

"Scotland Yard filled me in on how you were kidnapped by him a while back. You finally have your freedom back."

You looked at her shocked, but you couldn't deny that he did kidnap you. He never even let you leave the house without him by your side, but that didn't matter now. You fell in love with this crazy psychopath. He made you feel special. Now it just felt like you had a huge hole in your heart. Though another space in there is now dedicated to your daughter, the hole Jim was in could never be filled.