2. Morning Regrets

Start from the beginning

I patiently waited ten minutes before he waltzed out of the screen door with a stern look on his face. He actually made me wait on him. Did he think I had nothing better to do? I think we're going to be late.

He got into my BMW and said nothing. I was still too tired and somewhat pissed to actually greet him. I was not a morning person. I didn't expect him to start conversation especially after the interest he showed last night.

I softly played the radio and forced myself not to hum along. After what felt like an hour he finally spoke.

"Nice ride."

I jerked my head to the side. Did he just say something nice to me? Maybe he felt bad about blowing me off yesterday.

"A M3 would have gotten us there already."

And he was back to being a jerk face. I knew it was too good to be true.

"If you were ready when I got to your place then we would have been there already."

He chuckled, but it was the mocking, yeah right kind of chuckle. "Maybe," his deep velvet voice pulled my eyes off the road.

His green eyes were staring out the window while his fingers were tapping his phone. That baby blue shirt made his flawless tan skin look so good and touchable. His lean bulging biceps looked like they were sculpted by Michael Angelo. How could someone so perfect-looking be so spiteful? Life was twisted, cruel, and mean.

I saw the men's warehouse come into view and I sighed in relief. The sooner we got this over with the sooner I could get rid of him.

We walked in and surprisingly he held the door open for me. I half expected him to let it swing back and hit my face. Yet, to my surprise and shock he didn't. I suppose some mannerism could be restored to him.

A girl in a tight black pencil skirt in her twenties greeted us. No scratch that, greeted him. The tall, blonde and long legged girl greeted just him. To her defense there was no one else in the suit shop. Who makes an appointment so early in the day? Wait, it was already noon.

"How may I help you?" She bit her bottom lip while playing with her pen. I wish that pen would bust in her mouth already.

"We're here for the Compton wedding. He needs a fitting for his tux." I answered as sweetly as I could.

"Of course. Let me just get the measuring tape," she said looking Chris up and down like a fat kid would with cake.

Oh gosh, only God knows how much fun or how profession she'll be "measuring" him.

She came back wearing the biggest grin I had ever seen. Oh wow, I really didn't want to see this. I turned and went for the couch next to the fitting rooms. I popped out my phone and started to play angry birds. I glanced up every once in a while and watched as the skinny blonde tried to flirt and bat her eyes at him.

Surprisingly Chris didn't give her much attention or flirt back like I thought he would. But then again I never recalled him ever giving a girl the time of day. I think he only had two girlfriends since I've known him, but I didn't know him personally so who knew how many girls he had hooked up with.

After twenty minutes Chris was finally wearing the tux Sarah picked out for the groomsmen. Oh boy, my eyes roamed his body like he was the sweetest eye candy on the planet. From head to toe dressed to perfection, Chris wore a royal purple undershirt and a dark gray stripped tux.

I think I was drooling a little but I was definitely not as bad as the blonde. Her eyes were freakishly popped out of their sockets practically devouring Chris from existence. Ewww, and the way she was licking her lips was seriously tasteless and unattractive.