Christmas Morning

Start from the beginning

“Alright! I was looking! You don’t need to do that!” She looked up at him and tried to avoid his body, focussing only on his face.

Draco must have noticed this and so he continued to stand there staring at her, the self-importance written all over his face. They stood staring at one another before Hermione’s eyes darted to his broad shoulders and he laughed.

“You can't help yourself can you?”

“I am in control of myself!”

He leant in and took her head in his hands, pulling her face towards his for a deep hungry kiss and she realised just how powerless she was.

As Draco held her in his hands and felt her kiss heating up under his lips he thought that there was no way anyone could be so perfect by accident. How much of this had been inspired by someone else? How long ago had she and Weasley parted ways? Was she just taking him under her wing because she felt sorry for him? Or was it because she needed companionship after breaking up with Weasley?

He pulled away and walked towards his clothes.

“Are you going to open it?” He turned around to see her looking up at him unexpectedly.

She was so beautiful sitting in the sheets, he remembered how soft her bare legs felt against his and even though he had woken up with her arms around him he still didn’t believe it could be true.

“Draco?” He had been staring at her silently for too long.

“What?”

“Are you going to open the gift I got you?” she looked up expectantly and he reached into his jacket pocket and pulled out the small paper parcel.

He pulled the string and ripped the paper exposing a gold pocket watch on a chain. He flicked it open and the inscription began to scribe itself:

Pure of Blood, Pure of Heart

He felt the smile burn the corners of his lips and he knew that she could never know how much it meant to him. He wasn’t even sure that he could comprehend it.

“Do you like it?” She bit her bottom lip anxiously.

“I don’t really know what it means, but it’s nice.” He shrugged nonchalantly.

“I cast the inscription spell myself.” She gave a small smile and looked down, “you should know what it means, or at least figure it out.”

He knew that he should tell her what it means to him, but somehow the words just wouldn’t form on his lips. “I couldn’t figure out what it means.” He grumbled.

“You should.”

“Well I can't.”