Prologue

"22-year old Park Jimin found dead outside neighbor's house. With his state, he was most likely hit on his head and suffered blood loss aside from head trauma."

detective kim taehyung closed the television after that. he also closed the newspaper he's been reading. it contained the same news, taehyung thought. was that park jimin famous to have all the channels focused on his death, even the newspapers? taehyung just sighed.

what a waste of life. he was still on his early twenties, yet jimin was older than him by only a bit of age gap. taehyung drank his coffee and sat at his office chair when someone came in.

"detective tae, you have a new project," the chairman, kim namjoon, or the brain of them all — the head of detectives, spoke, and although he had an IQ of 148, he kinda is stupid sometimes, and does things –like breaking things all of a sudden, and making things go out of hand" –from time to time.

"yeah yeah, the park jimin one?" taehyung expected that he'd be assigned to the most famous park jimin one, and just sighed. namjoon's eyes sparkled as if he was proud that taehyung already knew about it.

"you're gettin' smarter boy," namjoon arranged his eyeglasses while complimenting taehyung. taehyung, on the other hand, just rolled his eyes. as if there are any other big cases to know about, taehyung thought.

"okay, okay. but what should i do? just head there and tell the neighbor, 'hey you killed park jimin right?! the one in all of the news channels, i mean ALL! that i don't even have a chance to watch something else. bitch!' and that's it?" taehyung sarcastically said and namjoon rolled his eyes.

"no, bitch. you just need to accompany me while i go inspect his house." namjoon answered and taehyung held his hands up to protest.

"what the hell, man? what am i? your assistant? you can do it by yourself, no thank you," taehyung answered and ready to shoo namjoon away when the latter dropped his hands on the younger's desk.

"i am older than you, and for your fucking information, i am your boss. kim fucking taehyung." namjoon said through gritted teeth and taehyung almost flinched. almost.

"a-alright alright, i'll go, god damn it—"

"what're you sayin' dude?" namjoon asked and taehyung bit his lip nervously. taehyung knows that namjoon hates hearing curses (though he is one to shower profanities from time to time), he only got this job two months ago, and this case was the first real one to go on an inspection.

the bad thing is... he's with namjoon, and he's like his assistant. still, he can't be fired, and so, he obliged.

"nothing. fuc—let's just get going." taehyung firmly said and whispered some profanities under his breath, where namjoon can't hear. namjoon smiled and followed shortly.

"you must be lucky, because of your brother you got this job." namjoon said and taehyung sighed. they both entered the car. taehyung isn't very fond of his brother, but the latter likes taehyung very much. well, they were close when they're younger, but due to his brother being a well-known singer and actor, they drifted away.

taehyung adores his brother because of his talents, until people began to compare him with taehyung. some people would say how undeserving taehyung was to be with such a great actor, and some people would befriend him just to get close to his brother. even the girl he once liked.
since then, taehyung severed the bond with him and his brother, that even the latter began to give up.

"you've been jobless for two years, right, tae?" namjoon mocks and taehyung wanted to punch him if not for namjoon being his boss.

that was right, taehyung searched and searched for a job, but he couldn't find anything. companies won't accept him, until kim namjoon, chairman of a detective agency, saved him from despair.

taehyung wasn't that smart, but he also wasn't stupid. he knows what's right and wrong, and he was willing to work hard to become the best detective known worldwide — he wanted to deduce what people thought about his brother, and what made them like him so much, to the point that they forgot he (taehyung) even exists.

"tae? hey taehyung? we're here," namjoon suddenly brought taehyung back to reality when he unbuckled his own seatbelt. taehyung nodded and did the same, before heading out of the car.

"wow, that is a huge ass apartment park jimin had." taehyung commented and namjoon nodded his head in agreement.

"i agree, but we aren't here to enjoy the view of his house. we're hear to investigate." namjoon stated and taehyung just let out a short 'yes'.

"hey namjoon-hyung? i think you need to see this." taehyung said once inside the park jimin's bedroom. he had a huge journal in his cabinet. namjoon followed and looked at the journal. he opened it and it showed two boys in one picture.

"i'm pretty sure the left one was park jimin, but the right one....." namjoon trailed off, examining the right guy's features clearly.

"if i remember it right, that's... his ex-boyfriend, and suspected killer of park jimin." he added and taehyung looked shocked.

for a suspected killer, he was really pretty hot. he hid his smirk inside his head or namjoon might get mad.

"what's his name?" taehyung asked. namjoon closed his eyes to make him recall his thoughts easier, and when he did, he opened it once again, pointed at the picture, and looked at taehyung in his eyes.

"it was jimin's neighbor,
jeon jeongguk!"

hello to everyone reading
this! thank you so much
for giving me some of
your precious time 💜

JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU
ARE SO BEAUTIFUL AND
YOU CAN SOLVE WHATEVER'S
BOTHERING YOU BECAUSE
YOU'RE STRONG. ILY! ❤️