Broken Ice

Brooklyn's POV:

William and I was out early in the morning, hunting in a park. I told him that it was too early to be hunting though... he didn't listen. We managed to find an old couple out for a stroll though and we took them without hesitation as our meal. After the spell Hachi cast 2 centuries ago the human population was increasing and making it easier to go hunting. The technology was out of this world as well. We now had hover boards, virtual reality full dive, robots, and other interesting things like flying cars. We were on our way out of the park when I heard what sounded like cracking from the pond and a scream. "What the hell was that?" I asked William, looking in the direction. He gave me a small shrug and went to continue on his way but I started in the direction of the pond. When I reached it I found water freezing back over. Someone fell in, was my first thought. William had ran over with me and grabbed my arm.

"Let's not interfere." He told me, but I pulled away from him. "Brooklyn you might fall in too, the ice is thin." He told me, trying to point out the obvious to me.

"No, I need to interfere." I told him and rushed out onto the ice. As I done so I could feel it cracking under my step. I rushed my way over to the whole in the ice that was freezing over and I shoved my hand down into the ice then felt skin at my touch as well as the freezing cold water below. I got a grip on the skin then pulled out a poor girl with skates on and then felt the ice cave in under me from the weight. I rushed to the surface, keeping a firm grip on the girl that was dying from hypothermia. I could hear her gasping for air and her teeth chattering every time I swam back up with her to the surface and tried to dig our way through the ice to get to the edge of the pond. I wish I could teleport... then this would be easy to do.

"BROOKLYN!" William screamed from the edge of the pond with worry.

"I'm okay!" I told him.

"GRAB THIS!" He begged, holding out the top of a tree, it was just within my reach. I grabbed it and he started to pull us to him. Within a minute we was out of the water. My cold clothing clung to my body. "Why'd you do it Brook!?" William asked me. "It's just a human!" I shook my head. If Hachi cast a spell to save humans then it felt right to me to not let this one die by something as bad as hypothermia.

"You won't understand." I told him. The girl under me was starting to fall asleep, shivering. I shook her then. "Stay with me." I begged her. "I know it's freezing." I told her then pulled out a knife from in my wet pocket and cut my wrist. I shoved my hand over her mouth and made her drink my blood so she could be saved. "William, she's going to die if we don't get her someplace warm." I told him. He nodded.

"I'll go get the car. We have a blanket in there and some fresh clothes thanks to the trip we're on." He ran off then. William and I have been traveling the world for quite a while now in nothing but a vehicle. We had a bunch of clothes in the trunk. Right now we was somewhere in Alaska. I felt the girl bite into me then, moaning at the taste of my blood. She was still freezing cold but my blood will revive her. I picked her up into my arms and started to carry her towards the car. I looked down at her and then froze up, she reminded me of myself...

~Several weeks later~

"What do you mean you don't own a green card?! King Nikolai passed a law 200 years ago that said that if you want to be a blood lord then you have to own a green card. Take her in boys as well as her company." I was forced to stand up then as a bolt of electricity shook through me.

"No! My name is William, I'm Richard Dracula's newborn." William shouted. "Give him a call!"

"Hahahahaha, that's what they all say. You can have plenty of time to give Richard a phone call in your cell. Men, tranquilize these hounds. We're taking them. You're lucky we don't shoot you on the spot. Illegally owning and running a blood exchange club is not prohibited. You should have gotten a green card before making these plans."