Chapter Thirteen

Was yesterday a dream? Did we play pool? Was I the fool that hugged him and danced like a weirdo? Yep, that was me. It wasn't a dream. Wait, did he actually give me his contact info? I rolled over from the comfort of the right side of the bed to grab my phone. Scrolling through my contacts, I see his name: Bobby Tomlinson.

Bobby Tomlinson

(321)-555-2229

Group: More than friends' ♥

This is so surreal. Yesterday, I woke up from a terrible day before and little did I know that I'd get his digits. I should text him. Make sure I didn't just create a contact with his photo to fool my friends.

One little text message.

What's the worst that can happen? I click his contact and send him the following text:

Me: Hey 8:22 a.m.

Within a minute, my phone bleeps and you hear a moan coming from the other side of the room from my brother. Ugh, can he just shut up for like two seconds? Swiping my screen, I see the message from Bobby.

Bobby: Who is this? 8:24 a.m.

Me: Uhm, Everly? 8:25 a.m.

Bobby: Forgot to put you in my contacts. Sorry. 8:25 a.m.

Me: Okay. 8:27 a.m.

Bobby: You're the girl from the coffee shop, right? ;) 8:28 a.m.

Me: -_- 8:31 a.m.

Bobby: Just kidding, Miss Everly. What's up? 8:31 a.m.

Me: Nothing much. Just in the comfort of my bed. 8:32 a.m.

Bobby: Shame. You're in the arms of someone else. 8:33 a.m.

Me: Me – never.  8:33 a.m.

A smile snuck up on me as I placed my phone beside me and did a happy dance in bed: flailing arms and legs and a contagious laugh; and the occasional girly shrieks of joy. This is what happiness is.

Bobby: I mean, you were in bed with someone else. How can I trust you now? 8:35 a.m.

Me: Could you ever trust me? 8:37 a.m.

Bobby: That's a secret. 8:38 a.m.

Me: I'm crushed. Lol. 8:40 a.m.

Bobby: Would you want to be in the comfort of your bed or my bed? A friend wants to know. 8:42 a.m.

Me: That escalated quickly. Tell your 'friend' that I'd probably prefer his bed unless my bed was more comfortable. I have a lot of pillows here at the resort. 8:43 a.m.

Bobby: Well he says the offer stands. A pillow fight might need to be on the list of things to do. 8:44 a.m.

Me: Oh of course. 8:46 a.m.

Bobby: I have to go. Can't work out if I am stuck in bed, now can I? Later Everly. 8:50 a.m.

Me: Bye. 8:51 a.m.

I tossed my phone aside and jumped up so quickly and did the weirdest dance since my last weird dance; and my brother witnessed it this time. Collapsing back in bed, I wait for him to say something, but he doesn't.

He just stares and shakes his head. Half of his hair was flattened by sweat, while the rest was sticking up in different directions. Covering my mouth, I just sit there and wait for him to say something. All he does is stare. Ignoring him, I stand up and do the lava dance around the room; and when I reach the door – he speaks.

                    "Everly."

                    "Uh yeah?"

                   "What the hell?!"

                   "What?"

                  "It's like eight in the morning. You just had to wake me up."

                  "Yes, Sleeping Beauty. It was my mission to awake you from your everlasting slumber."

                 "Ha-ha. Funny, eh?"

                 "I've been told I am quite humorous." I say as I smile away from him.

                "Whoever told you that...lied?! Who were you texting this early?"

Leaning up against the door frame, I continue smiling as I remember our conversation. Oh I wonder what he's doing. Sleeping in bed? Jogging to the pier? Eating? Those blue eyes staring into that screen on his phone. Snap out of this!

                "Earth to Princess Everly. Your ship is falling to earth. Come in, Everly. Hello? Are you still with us? I think we've officially lost her." Jokes my brother as he sits on the edge of the bed waving his hands at my face.

                "None of your business."

               "Then take you and your business somewhere else. I need my sleep."

               "Beauty sleep that is. No one can become gorgeous overnight." I chuckled as I exited the room and shut the white door behind me. To be honest – that was a good sibling conversation.

I remove the resort activities list from the magnet stuck on the fridge; then pop a bagel into the toaster, before plopping myself in the spinning chair. The list went as followed:

Tuesday, July 18th, 2017:

☀ Resort Activities ☀

▫ $3 Painting Treasure Boxes 11:45

▫ $3 Root Beer Floats 12:30

▫ $4 Sand Dollar Painting 1:00

▫ $6 Shuffleboard 2:30

▫ $4 Scavenger Hunt 2:30

▫ $3 Hula Hoop Contest 4:00

▫ $5 Water Balloon Fight 5:00

▫ $2 Miniature Golf Challenge 6:00

▫ $3 Movie Night 8:00

Outside activities will be cancelled without noticed due to weather. Sorry for the inconvenience, but you have been warned. That being said, we hope you enjoy your stay here and that you have a great time. See you at one of the activities – fellow resort-goer.

While waiting for my bagels to pop up, I continue to spin around in circle on the wooden chair. Oh that sounds like fun. Nope, not spending a chunk of change to do that. Don't people know not to upcharge?! Ugh, I can't decide!! Pop! Goes the toaster as the bagels spring from the toaster and just sit there. Scooting off the stool, I bend down and open the plaster-white fridge and pull out the cream cheese. Straightening my posture, I grab a paper plate and play hot potato with my bagels. "Ooh! Ahh! Hot! Ouch! Oooh!" I said as I flung the hot rings of fire onto my plate; before smiling at the Johnny Cash reference I made. So far, not to jinx anything or anyone, today is off to an interesting start.