Chapter Five

Good thing I grabbed my pineapple flip flops or my feet would be toast. Ducking under bougainvillea, I continue to think about everything that has happened within two hours. 160 minutes of nothing, but complete and utter mistakes. Gosh it's so hot. As I continue down the boarded walkway, I check my Facebook to see if I have gotten any messages from anyone.

1 friend request. 12 messages. 3 notifications.

            Taylor Northwood has sent you a friend request. Accept or delete request?

            Desi: Hey Hoffy!! Hope you're enjoying your resort. I just landed in Belize and it's absolutely stunning. Wish you were here. Sorry how we left things.

           Darcy: Where are you? Mom said you left? Everly!

           Freddie: What the hell did you do this time? Mom is not talking to anyone. Great! Way to go. Screw up like you always do. It's all because of Bobby! Get over him. Our family is more important than a stupid guy. Granted I am a guy – but blood comes first. Shame on you.

Ouch. That hurts. I don't know if I should read the rest of these messages. Maybe I should turn my life on airplane mode and just fly off the radar? No, that's immature and why is Taylor friend requesting me? Super weird. Okay, I have to read the rest of the nine messages.

           Pippa "Pip": Girl. Where are you? Ran into Kyle and he said that you got hurt. Are you okay? This isn't like you to just runaway. Mom made it seem like you were never coming back. Freddie is pissed. Everly? Let's just talk.

          Bea: I am so sorry! It's only been one day and I feel like it's been a lifetime. We shouldn't have left it like that! The car ride was so quiet.

         Bea: Oh did you hear the news? Liam Merrick and I are dating. Yeah, it's been only a day, but I have a boyfriend. Oh I am being mean and rubbing it in your face. Uhm, talk to you later. Sorry.

        Poppy: Hoffy. Hey, what's up?

       Maggie: Don't do anything stupid. You're my best friend and the most level-headed person and I don't think a plan or idea should ruin that. Call me, please?

       Freddie: Are you back at the campus?

       Avery: I see you and your kimono silly. Look to your left.

       Dad: Please come back and explain yourself, now!

       Cece: I still love you, stupid.

Looking up, I see my cousins, Avery & Zoey and smile. They wave me over and as soon as I step onto the sand, they attack me with bear hugs.

                                "Everly!! We didn't know you were coming to the beach. What's up?"

                                 "The sky?" I say sarcastically, before answering with, "Everything is falling apart. Don't grow up. I rushed it and now I am slowly regretting it. Plus, I got hurt. How about you two?"

                                 "Zoey has a boyfriend now. I stick to watching the bachelorette."

                                 "Is it serious, Zoe?"

                                   "We've been going out since I was 14, so I suppose it is serious." Says Zoey as she rubs her arm.

                                    "Good for you both. I've been dealing with school and work."

                                     "Everly, what's going on with Bobby?"