Chapter Thirty Seven

A/N: Lots of drama approaching. Ashley's secret is coming to a head, Paul has too many questions and things keep happening to Ashley in Miami. First the near drowning incident and in this chapter, another incident. What do they mean? All will be revealed. And Ashley and Paul...what will happen to them in the coming chapters? Enjoy!

Chapter Thirty Seven:

I was too busy to care about my worries after that. Almost right away, I took off for my own suite to begin packing for Paris France! I was over the moon ecstatic. I was going to be in the city of love with the four lads who lived off of songs they wrote about love... who could ask for better?

"Plus Paul is probably gonna have the time of his life with me in Paris." I thought fondly as I packed my bags and got organized. Before I knew it, it was well after 6pm and I was beginning to get hungry. Almost out of the blue, there was a knock on my door. I was sort of in a head space over Paris, so forgot who it was and what I was supposed to be doing that night.

"It's open." I sang, not paying too much attention until the voice called out.

"Ashley? Are you ready to go?" It was Paul. Suddenly I remembered.

"I-I'm just getting ready." I fibbed. Shoot! What kind of girlfriend was I supposed to be if I was forgetting our date all the time? Well the first time I was kind of almost drowning, but still... hurrying, I dug around in my bags for one of my nicer dresses, a light pink one I'd only worn a couple of times. Changing quickly, I regarded myself in the mirror before leaving the room and hastily tying my hair into a French braid.

"Is this okay?" I asked him, slightly flustered. I hoped he wouldn't notice I'd completely forgotten. He smiled though, seemingly unaware.

"You look lovely." Such a charmer.

"Thanks." I chuckled, feeling relieved. I went to go pick up my disguise wig, but he stopped me.

"I don't think you need that tonight." I gave him a look.

"But what if people see me with you? They'll want to know who I am." I replied. He shrugged.

"You're an old friend. They don't need to know any more. Everyone else believes that story so why won't strangers?" He made a good point.

"Alright then, let's go." I smiled, leading the way.

"I've already made dinner reservations, I hope you don't mind." Paul said, making pace with me.

"Oh I don't mind at all." I replied, just feeling lucky to be going on a date with Paul at long last.

"So what are you most excited for in Paris?" I asked him out of genuine curiosity.

"The girls." He joked. I pretended to look offended.

"Is that so?" He laughed. I loved his laugh.

"No, no. I guess I'm looking forward to the tourist spots. It's not every day I get to be a regular tourist. I can't remember the last time I ever went anywhere out of my own want without being recognized or chased." He sounded almost sad for a moment, but quickly changed his demeanor back to his happy go lucky self. I tried to keep the evening upbeat, so ignored that last part.

"I'm sure the Eiffel Tower will be magnificent to look at." I agreed.

"And climb." He nodded.

"You want to climb it?" I chuckled.

"Of course! You don't go to Paris and not climb the Eiffel Tower." Was his reply.

"Well you're a brave man." I teased as we reached the lobby. Outside, Paul hailed us a cab and we took off.