Chapter 4

Faasle meelon k hain dono hain alag disha...

Kabhi ye mil payen gay nahi kisi ko hai pata...

___________________________

"Payaliya.. Listen to me. Payal?" Garima was calling her daughter crying but she just ran out. Giving her a reassuring glance Akash followed his wife.

While she fell back on the couch with her head in her hands.

Feeling terrible for hurting her daughter when she never intended to do.She was busy cursing herself until the landline rang.

Taking it up another one of the misery awaited her.

Her younger daughter wasn't in peace either.She begged to Arnav, she literally begged him over the phone not to hurt Khushi.Not to do anything to her. Spare her. If he wants to punish her(Garima) he can do so but just don't be hard on her daughter. Khushi wasn't at fault. She herself was.

But all she got in reply were his cutting replies which just added to her guilt and helplessness and not to mention, misery.

"Your daughter is living in a hell as she liked to call it. Do you know she just begged me to let her go because she can't bear it anymore?"

"She is mine do you get that Garima Gupta?! And you ... you are going to live with this guilt of being responsible for the ruined happiness of your daughter every minute , every second of your life."

"Spare your Khushi? How can I when it is only because of her I can't hurt you directly? Be thankful that you are her mother figure otherwise I don't show mercy to my enemies. Not even a bit."

"From now on. You will be filled with every single detail of what your daughter is suffering. I mean what's the fun in just keeping her away from you? I want more than that. I want you to die and live every moment of your life like my mother did because of you until she couldn't bear it anymore and ended her life!"

"Why not start from right this moment?Your Khushi is all alone with me right now in this mansion and do you know what I have in store for her tonight? Actually I don't think I have to spell it out to you now do I? You know its a couple thing huh!"

"Don't be harsh on her please!" Garima pleaded horrified.

"Amma- umm" She heard her daughter followed by a sound she could easily make out why did she make.

Garima's eyes widened.

"Good bye mother-in-law." Then the call was cut despite her pleads.

She felt hysteria building up in her.

The receiver slipped from her trembling hands.

What should she do?

What?

Khushi's safety was nagging her. Arnav was right. Now that Khushi was alone with him, he could do anything and Khushi wasn't that match to his strength to fight him either. He was stronger to her and he could ..

She didn't want to think further.

She gathered her wits to be strong for her daughter. Feeling herself panicking she dialed the person she knew could make Arnav understand.