Chapter 7

Hai dhoop sa wo agar, wo chandni raat si hai

Mil payen kabhi ye dono, kya teri isme hai raza?

___________________________

"She has had a heart attack!"

Startled gasps reverberated in the otherwise silent hospital corridor.

"No need to worry.Due to immediate treatment she has come out well.She will be fine.We need to keep her in observation for a few day.But she is out of danger. So relax all of you."

"Doctor can--we-" Akash cleared his throat."--can we see her?"

"In a few minutes, yes but keep her out of any stress as now she is a heart patient.I will take your leave and yeah whoever this 'Chote' is, call him if he is still not here because patient is calling his name and meeting him will bring positive change in her for sure." Doctor left and all looked at Mamaji knowingly who closed his eyes in defeat.

"Akash. Call Chote. Fast please." Anjali cried out falling back on the chair.

Payal was consoling Manorama while Akash looked at his father pleadingly who nodded grimly at him giving the permission reluctantly.

Akash pulled out his phone and dialed his brother urgently.

Just that his several calls went unanswered from the other side.

"Welcome Mrs.Arnav Singh Raizada!" His husky dominating voice greeted her as soon as she entered his cabin closing the door behind her.

She was feeling really low after he rejected her plea to meet her mother who was sitting downstairs most probably still crying over this same fact and above all the possibility that she could be pregnant added more dullness and apprehension inside her causing her heart to beat slowly in painful thuds.

"Mrs.Raizada, its the message from your doctor. Your reports are ready. I called to ask that whether you will collect them yourself or should I courier them to your home?"

Khushi's eyes widened.

"No. NO! Don't send them to my home. No. I will collect them by the- by the evening."

Tears brimmed in her already swollen eyes.

"Is there a possibility that I-" She felt needles pricking her throat.

"Since you are married and living with your husband, yes. But it could only be confirmed by tests. Should I take your blood sample?" She took her consent kindly.

"Or you can use pregnancy kit?"

She shook her head not wanting to know the results too soon.

"Okay blood test then?"

Khushi's paled whilst nodding which didn't go unnoticed by the doctor either. She sighed understanding it.