Chapter 15B

(Unedited)

Pyaar toh bas ho jata hai,

k agar wo udaas ho toh kuch bhi acha na lage,

Uss k door jaane ka khayal bhi apko pareeshan kare

_______________________________

Aaradhya Raheja glanced at her son who was talking to her with a smile intact on his face. It was his usual routine. Whenever he comes back from his office he spend two hours at least with her after dinner before going to his room. After his marriage, those two hours has lessened to one which didn't sit well with her. Not only that she has to share her son's love with someone else. That son whom she loves more than his other siblings.

While he tried to keep a balance between his mother and his wife, Aaradhya's contempt for her daughter-in-law only increased until one day it became too much for her when her son came so late at night and straight away went to his room without meeting her while she kept waiting for him in her room so that she could have dinner with him but it didn't happen.

That was the night when she cried herself to sleep without thinking any other logical explanation except for that her son was not hers anymore. He doesn't care for her nor does his world revolve around her anymore.

That was the same night she vowed to make things back to normal and get her son back who was so into his wife that he has forgotten his mother who gave birth to him. And she did achieve her goal and here she have her son back. Spending the whole two hours with her. Talking to her, having dinner with her, telling interesting stories of his office.

She has seen him obey her demands without a word and without a doubt she has also seen him pining for his wife too. As he stood up to leave kissing her forehead she grabbed his hand.

He turned to her in question.

"Kya hua Maa? (What's wrong mother?)" He crouched down to her level while she sat on the bed.

"Ja.. ja k le a usse. (Go and get her back)" She said caressing the side of his face.

"Maa?" He frowned.

"I said go get her back."

His frown deepened.

"What do you mean go and get her back?" He pursed his lips.

"I am .. I know I had been unreasonable and.. moody and I am sorry. I can see you're torturing yourself without her just because I made you swear on me that you'd leave her and never look back. I realized my-"

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU REALIZED YOUR MISTAKE AND WANT ME TO GO GET HER?" He burst out with his hands shaking as he stood up abruptly.

Aaradhya closed her eyes in pain as he shed every facade and stood before her without any pretense of normalcy.

"Bitwa. I-"

"No Maa. Don't say it. Don't say it ever again. You- you ruined my happy married life made it like a joke in front of the world. Made me swear on you to leave the woman who has just come into our lives leaving her whole damn family behind." He gasped swallowing the tears.

"You don't get to choose about Preetika's coming and going in my life. Not anymore." He shook his head. "Enough. It's enough." He gritted before with a cry he fell down on his knees before his crying mother and let his head fall on her lap.