1.

I ran down the long, dark corridor, my feet thumping hard against the ground. How do I get out? I heard a chainsaw come to life and only 15 feet behind me stood my father. He slowly inched towards me, every step he took forward was one I took back. This went on, until I was pressed against a wall. He raised the chainsaw over his head and I started screaming. I didn't do anything to deserve this? Why me? The chainsaw went through the skin on my shoulder, and I screamed even louder. It got deeper by the second. There was a huge screech that made him jump, and the chainsaw fell to the ground. A black car was coming towards us, going fast. I just stood there as the lights from the car blinded me, waiting for it to end, for them to hit me.

I woke up, with a mix of sweat and tears trickling down my face. My ears were ringing, and I had a killer headache. I tried to breath, thats when I realized I was screaming at the top of my lungs. My throat felt like it was on fire. There was a knock at the door.

"Darcy, are you okay?"

It was my social worker. She was really young, and pretty. I didn't like her though.

"Yes... um, I'm fine." I said, but I guess it didn't sound so convincing. She frowned.

"Okay, well someone will be here to adopt a child between 13 and 17. You might be adopted!"

I smiled. because she was so stupid, but positive. Nobody was going to adopt me, but it was nice that she was trying to give me hope.

I walked over to my closet and grabbed a white sleeping with sirens t-shirt, and some black shorts with white vans.

After showering, I blowdried my hair and then plugged in my straightener. I put on liquid eyeliner, mascara, and chapstick. My straightener flashed green signaling it was ready so I straightened my hair before getting dressed and walking downstairs.

                                                    *ANDY'S POV*

Juliet and I walked into Summerside Orphanage in L.A, California. We wanted to adopt because a baby was too much at the time, but Juliet was getting lonely with all my practices for the upcoming tour. She wanted a girl between the ages of 13 and 17.

It was nice and cold inside, a relief from this 100 degree weather. There was a big line of girls standing in front of what looked like the owner of the orphanage. Not one of them stood out. I scanned the group for at least one. Then, I saw a girl with blonde and black hair looking down at her feet. I walked over to her.

"Whats your name?'"

"Darcy." she muttered, and looked up and her jaw practically hitting the floor.

"Fan?" I asked.

She just nodded and looked down. Juliet came up and grabbed her hand.

"How would you like to be adopted?" She asked in a voice like she was talking to a five year old.

"I'd love to!" Darcy said enthusiastically. She looked like she just remembered something, and looked down. "But you wouldn't want to adopt me. Theres plenty of normal, healthy kids here." she muttered.

Juliet shook her head. "We would like to adopt you, Darcy. Who wants to be normal? Normal is boring, I need a entertaining kid."

Darcy smiled. She had a very beautful smile. She nodded and hugged me and Juliet. "Go pack your things." I said and smiled. She returned the smile and ran upstairs.

                                                           *DARCY'S POV*

I rushed up the stairs, basically tripping over my own feet. This is crazy. My idols are adopting me!

I grabbed my black and white messenger bag off the hook on my door and grabbed all my jewelry, and my makeup bag and shoved them inside. Then, I grabbed my black veil brides decorated suitcase from under my bed and put most of my clothes inside. I got my other plain black suitcase from under my bed and put my shoes at the bottom and put the rest of my clothes on top. Lastly, I got my moms old bookbag, one of those giant book bags that roll, and grabbed anything else I had, just random stuff like cd's, old disney tapes, perfume, photo albums, all my toiletries, and my art supplies. I grabbed my keyboard and scanned the room one last time, then I remembered one thing and rushed to the bathroom and opened the cabinet. There was all my razors, underneath my anti-depressants I never took. I shoved them in my pocket and ran downstairs to meet Andy and Juliet.

When I got downstairs, Andy was filling out paperwork and Juliet was excitedly fidgeting. I still don't understand why they want me, there are plenty of attractive, skinny kids here. She smiled when she saw me and I smiled back. I walked over to her and she grabbed my hand and I shyly smiled. Andy walked over.

"I'm done with the boring paperwork. You ready to go see your new house?" He asked.

I smiled and nodded. He chuckled and they lead me out to a black car. He took my bags but then I realized I forgot my plush batman.

"WAIT!!" I screamed. Andy raised his eyebrow.

"I...uhh.. forgot something!" He nodded and I ran into the orphanage and went straight to my room. I grabbed my batman and was back outside in a matter of seconds.

"BATMAN!!!!" Andy yelled. Juliet and I laughed.

"Yes, batman!!" I said as enthusiastic as possible.

"I'm BATMAN!" Andy yelled again.

Looks like I got adopted by Batman.

-

hiii