Chapter 36

Chapter 36

Ginny-

Today was the day. The day that everybody would be able to say their final goodbyes to Albus Dumbledore. Ginny sighed as she pulled on her black dress and a pair of black heels. She was attending the funeral mostly for Harry's sake, but she also wanted to go to say goodbye to Dumbledore, even though she didn't know him that well.

"Ginny, are you coming, everyone's heading down there now?" Colette asked walking into the room in a flowing black dress and a pair of heels that were similar to Ginny's.

"Yeah, I'm coming down there now. Is Harry there?" Ginny asked, following Colette out of the room.

"Yeah, he's sat with Hermione and Ron. He looks really gloomy." Colette sighed.

"Does that really surprise you? He was really close to Dumbledore." Ginny told her.

"That is true." Colette nodded.

The two slowly descended the stairs and walked over to where Harry, Hermione, Ron, Taylor and Mattie were sat. Everybody looked extremely gloomy. Ginny knew that Dumbledore had always had a large impact on the school.

"Are you ready to go guys?" Ginny asked the group sighing.

"Yeah." Ron sighed, standing up. Harry followed in suit. Ginny knew that something was off about him; maybe today was the day.

"Ginny, you look beautiful." Hermione smiled. Ginny knew that Hermione was trying to lighten the mood for everyone's sake, but it wasn't working.

"Thank you Hermione." Ginny smiled.

The seven slowly walked down to the grounds where the funeral was being held. Professor McGonagall had decided that Dumbledore would have wanted his funeral at Hogwarts because it was one of the places that he loved the most. It was extremely close to his heart. Outside, most people were already sat in their seats. Ginny followed Harry as he took a seat on the third row. The atmosphere was filled with sadness and it was extremely quiet. Nobody was talking.

All of a sudden, soft music started to play and Dumbledore's coffin was slowly being carried down the aisle. Ginny could feel Harry trembling next to her so she took his hand to comfort him. Ginny knew that Harry didn't like to cry in front of people. The small grey haired wizard at the front asked them to stand as they brought the coffin to the front.

"You may sir down. We are gathered here today to say our final goodbyes to Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore. I would like to ask Mr Elphias Dodge to say a couple of words." The Wizard said.

Ginny watched as the wizard climbed down from the podium and it was quickly replaced by an old man that was a little podgy and had a tuft of grey hair on the top of his head. He fumbled with his paper until he eventually cleared his throat and began to speak.

"Albus Dumbledore was a great man. He was looked up to by many wizards and witches across the world because he was such an inspiring person. I've known Albus since my teens when he and his family moved to Godrics Hollow. Everybody knew that there was something a little strange about the family so many people kept their distance, but I decided to get to know them. That person was Albus Dumbledore. When I got the news that Albus had been murdered by none other than Death Eaters, I was devastated and angry. For the sake of Albus Dumbledore and all of the people that have been victims to the Death Eaters and He Who Must Not Be Named, we need justice." Elphias Dodge slowly clambered back down off of the podium and sat back down in his seat.

"Thank you Mr Dodge. Now a small speech from his very close colleague Professor Minerva McGonagall." The small priest announced.

Ginny smiled slightly as she watched Professor McGonagall walk up the steps on to the podium. She was glad that Professor McGonagall had been given the chance to make a speech at Dumbledore's funeral because Ginny knew that they were both quite close during their time as Professor's at Hogwarts.