Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Ginny-

Today was the day of the second Hogsmeade trip before Christmas, and snow was already on the ground. Ginny had agreed to spend the day with Dean, but she was also secretly stalking Romilda Vane whilst she was in Hogsmeade. Hermione had told Ginny that Romilda was planning on buying the Love Potion that she was going to be giving Harry today, so Ginny's task was to prevent her from actually buying the potion in the first place. The last thing Ginny wanted to see was Harry all over Romilda.

"Are you ok love, you've been quiet all morning?" Dean asked as they walked hand in hand down to Hogsmeade.

"Yes! Yes! I'm fine. Sorry I'm just stressing out a little about my OWLs, that's all." Ginny lied.

"Oh don't worry too much about your OWLs just yet Gin, it's only December, your OWLs aren't until next May." Dean chuckled.

"Well you know me, I just want the best grades." Ginny shrugged.

"I know, you're basically a work-aholic Ginny." Dean laughed.

"I suppose I am a little, but I'm not as bad as Colette." Ginny laughed.

"Ready for the first Quidditch Match of the season then?" Dean smiled as they slowly entered the small village that was already packed with Hogwarts Students.

"Definitely! We're so prepared this time. Harry's got us doing some amazing drills which are really helping the team progress." Ginny smiled enthusiastically. If there was one thing that Ginny loved, it was definitely Quidditch.

"Oh that's good then. It's a shame that I didn't get chosen to play this year. I would have really liked to have played on the team. Oh well, at least I got chosen for the reserve team." Dean shrugged. Ginny had to admit that when she watched Dean's tryout, he was a pretty good chaser. But not as good as Katie or Demelza. That's probably why Harry had chosen Dean for reserve Chaser.

"Yeah. If something happens to either myself, Katie or Demelza, you will be able to play though. You get chosen first because you're first in line." Ginny smiled.

"I suppose." Dean boasted.

The couple quickly entered Zonko's Joke Shop to get out of the blizzard that had began whipping in the wind outside. The shop, as usual, was packed with Hogwarts Students, like most Hogsmeade shops were on a day that the Hogwarts Students visited the village. Ginny was delighted to see that the shop had started selling a few products from Weasley's Wizards Wheezes. Ginny was definitely going to be writing too Fred and George to tell them the news. Whilst the twins were at Hogwarts, they loved visiting Zonko's.

"Wow it's packed in here." Dean stated the obvious, weaving through the crowd and dodging a group of excited looking Third Year Girls. At Hogwarts, you weren't allowed to visit Hogsmeade until your Third Year, so this was obviously the first time that the girls had visited Hogsmeade.

"Isn't it always?" Ginny chuckled.

Ginny quickly spotted Romilda Vane stood closely together with a group of Gryffindors and Ravenclaw's from her year. They all seemed to be talking in low whispers, and Romilda kept looking behind her to see if anybody was watching them. Ginny moved her gaze away from them quickly, moving her attention back to Dean who was riffling through a shelf of Dung Bombs.

"Dung bombs, really Dean?" Ginny laughed rolling her eyes.

"Yeah, they are the best." Dean winked.

"Whatever you say Dean." Ginny rolled her eyes. She moved her eyes back over to the spot where Romilda and her group had been stood to find that they had gone. Ginny looked around frantically, but Romilda and her group were no where in sight.