Chapter 2

Ginny-

Ginny winced as she heard Harry shouting down the corridor. Poor Ron and Hermione had probably been expecting him to be annoyed, but not to this extent. She'd never heard Harry sound so angry before. It wasn't like him at all. 

"You could've at least said where you were! I thought you were at the Burrow!" Harry yelled. Ginny climbed down from the windowsill where she was sat and tiptoed to the open bedroom door to peer down the corridor and to get a better listen at what the three were saying. 

"Harry, we would have but-" Hermione cried, but was soon cut off by Harry again.

"But what Hermione?!" He cried. 

"We would have told you everything mate, but Dumbledore made us swear not to tell you." Ron said, sounding a little calmer than Harry and Hermione. He had always had a calm demeanour, he wasn't known for panicking really. 

"Dumbledore said that? But why would he want to keep me in the dark? Maybe I could help; after all i'm the one who saw Voldemort return, i'm the one who fought him, i'm the one who saw Cedric Diggory get killed!"

"Harry!" There was a pop and Fred's voice spoke. Ginny's twin brothers had recently passed their apparation test's and all summer they had been apparating all over the house much to the annoyance of their mother.

"Thought we heard your dulcet tones." George, Ginny's other brother spoke.

"Don't bottle it up though mate, let it out." Fred spoke.

"Anyway, if you're done shouting?"

"Do you want to hear something a little more interesting?" Ginny could just picture the mischievous grin on Fred's face as he spoke. What were they up too?

The five of them appeared in the corridor after leaving the room, heading towards the staircase. 

"Are you coming?" George noticed her and gave her a mischievous grin, waving an extendable ear, which was one of their creation's at her. Over the summer Fred and George had been creating all sorts of weird and wonderful things and this was just one of them; luckily for them the extendable ear had not yet been confiscated by their mother. 

"Of course!" Ginny grinned, following him down the corridor. Harry, Ron and Hermione were already waiting at the top of the stairs, talking in low whispers so that nobody from the order would hear them.

"Hi Ginny." Harry Potter's wonderful voice addressed Ginny.

"Hi Harry." Ginny smiled back at him meeting his gaze and then peering down towards the bottom level of the house again to avoid him seeing her blush. 

"Right, everybody listen, you need to gather in closer so that we can listen." George ordered as Fred lowered the extendable ear to the bottom of the bannister so that it reached to the bottom floor. 

The group of six carefully listened as different voices protested against each other in the kitchen. Order of the Phoenix meetings had been taking place most of the time they had been at Grimmauld Place and they always tried to have the meeting by talking in loud whispers so none of the kids could hear. It never worked. 

Professor Snape, the Hogwarts potions professor, spoke in his cold, snide voice and Ginny felt Harry tense at the side of her. He, Ron and Hermione had always hated Snape along with most of the other students at Hogwarts. It was hard to believe that he was in the Order especially because everyone knew he used to be a follower of Voldemort. 

"Snape's in the order?!" Harry whispered to Ginny.

"Yeah apparently there's a reason but mum won't tell us a thing!" Ginny replied. Harry nodded and continued listening. Everything was going so well until Hermione's cat, Crookshanks, started clawing at the extendable ear, meowing and hissing at it when it wouldn't detach from the rope.