Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Ginny-

Ginny had been thinking about what she had overheard Harry and Hermione talking about for about a week now, and it was making her head spin around a lot. If Harry liked her, then why hadn't he said anything to her about it?

"Ginny! What is wrong with you lately?!" Colette asked her as they were sat in the Great Hall that morning.

"Nothing Colette, I'm fine." Ginny sighed.

"No you're not. Even Dean's noticed. He was telling Seamus about it the other day and I just happened to overhear. He's worried about you Ginny." Colette looked at her worriedly. In all truthfulness, Ginny had been avoiding Dean. At the moment she couldn't stop thinking about Harry and what he had said about her.

"Colette, I'm fine ok." Ginny threw Colette a fake smile then stood up and began to exit the hall.

"Ginny! Ginny! Wait I need to talk to you!" Hermione's voice called from behind her. Ginny stopped and took in a deep breath.

"Hey, what's up?" Ginny smiled at Hermione.

"I overheard you and Lette, she's right Ginny, what's wrong?" Hermione asked.

"Hermione....I-I overheard you and Harry talking the over day....after the Quidditch Match. I'm sorry I didn't mean to eavesdrop, I just wanted to see if you were alright." Ginny sighed.

"Oh my god. You overheard me ask Harry about...about you didn't you?" Hermione sighed, running her hands through her hair.

"Ye-yeah, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to eavesdrop.....I just-" Ginny sighed.

"No, no Ginny it's fine. I just don't think Harry will appreciate you knowing this." Hermione sighed.

"I-I know Hermione. I don't mean to upset him when I'm with Dean. I-I had no idea." Ginny sighed.

"No. It's not your fault. Don't speak like that Ginny. I-I know that you know that you still love Harry Ginny, you just wanted to shake it off a little by dating Dean." Hermione told Ginny as they sat down at the bottom of the staircase.

"I-I know, and I don't know what to do Hermione." Ginny began to cry a little.

"Oh Ginny, don't cry. You'll figure it out I promise." Hermione sighed.

"What do I do Hermione?" Ginny cried, wiping a few of her tears away.

"I can't tell you that Ginny. You have to figure it out for yourself, and I'm sure you will." Hermione smiled. "You know where I am if you need me. I'll see you later."

Hermione stood up, giving Ginny's shoulder one last squeeze before walking down the corridor towards her lesson.

Ginny sighed and stood up. She made sure that her face was suitable and that it didn't look like she had been crying, then she began to walk towards her Charms lesson.

"Ah Miss Weasley, there you are. We were looking for you." Professor Flitwick smiled as Ginny walked into the classroom.

"Sorry Professor, I was just at the bathroom." Ginny lied as she took her usual seat next to Taylor.

"Gin, you need to explain to me what is wrong later." Taylor whispered in her ear.

"I will. I promise." Ginny nodded. She knew that she had to tell Taylor, it was important.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that evening, Ginny and Taylor were sat in their dormitory. Ginny had decided to tell Taylor about what she heard the other day.

"Right then, spill it Ginevra." Taylor said, taking a seat at the end of Ginny's bed.

"Ok...so do you know after the Quidditch Match the other day....well Hermione ran off and Harry followed. After a while I decided to follow them and see if Hermione was alright, and I overheard them talking. I decided not to go down and to leave them to talk when Hermione mentioned me. S-She asked him how it felt when he saw me with Dean, and that she knew that Harry liked me. Anyway, Ron and Lavender interrupted and Hermione got even more upset. They went off and Harry said "it feels like this." He likes me Taylor." Ginny sighed.

"Oh my god! Hinny! I knew it was real! I knew I had a reason for shipping-" Taylor cried, jumping up and down.

"Taylor! We still have a little problem though. I'm dating Dean. I don't know what to do Taylor." Ginny sighed.

"You'll figure it out Ginny. I know you will. Like Hermione said, you have to figure it out. I can't tell you what to do." Taylor sighed.

"I know. I'll probably figure it out over Christmas." Ginny smiled.

"I'm sure you will." Taylor grinned.

Ginny knew that she would figure this out; and she already had an idea of what was going to happen.

********************************************************************************************