fifty four

Y/N POV

It's my birthday! I can't believe that I am twenty two years old today. I am probably the luckiest guy in the world I have a beautiful fiancée, a great kid, and the life I've always dreamed about.

I had to work last night so you can only imagine how tired this guy is. The bed is empty and I smell something good coming from the kitchen so Normani is down in the kitchen. It's a Saturday so that means Sergio is still asleep. I was in the middle of a nice deep sleep when I felt someone tapping on my arm.

"Who is it?" I asked.

"It's me daddy." Sergio said.

I yawned the opened my eyes, "What's up little man?"

"Mommy said come downstairs and eat, she's not taking no for an answer either." Sergio said.

I groaned, "I guess I should get up huh?" I asked.

"Yes you should." Sergio said.

I got up and stretched my arms, Sergio handed me my glasses and I put them on. As soon as I stepped out of the bed this sharp pain went through my right knee that nearly brought me to the floor.

"Daddy are you okay?" Sergio asked.

"Yeah I'm alright son, my knee is a little sore that's all." I said.

I went into the medicine cabinet and got my painkillers. Lately my knee has been giving me a lot of trouble and I'm starting to think that I'm gonna need another surgery. Some days I can barely get out of bed because because the pain is so bad but I push through. If I tell Normani she's gonna start overthinking the situation and she'll probably suggest postponing the wedding and I refuse to do that.

Sergio went downstairs and my beautiful fiancée was in the kitchen making breakfast. I stood behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist. I kissed her on the shoulder and said, "You're so beautiful, I am one lucky guy."

"No Y/N, I'm the lucky one." Normani said.

I gave Normani a kiss and Sergio groaned out loud. "You guys are always smooching that's gross." He said.

"Boy wait until you find your special someone you're gonna want to kiss them all the time too." Normani said.

"Exactly." I said.

I sat down at the counter next to SJ and fixed him a plate. Normani really hooked it up for breakfast today, but anytime Normani cooks she always hooks it up. I am so happy that I am marrying a woman that can cook because I like to eat.

"Daddy how'd you meet mommy?" Sergio asked.

"You really wanna know that story son?" I asked.

"Yeah I wanna how you two got here and had me." Sergio said.

"Go ahead and tell him Y/N." Normani said.

"Alright. Well a long time ago I used to work in Uncle Marco's barbershop and mommy worked at the dance studio. I'd always saw her in passing but I never said anything. So during the summer before our senior year we spoke to each other for the first time. But when I asked your mother for her number she started playing hard to get." I said.

Normani rolled her eyes and said, "That's because I thought you were a player and you proved me right. You turned out to be a handsome charming player and you charmed your way into Dinah's pants."

"Oooh daddy you were a player." Sergio said.

"He sure was son and he broke my heart when he hooked up with Dinah." I said.