thirty six

Normani's POV

So things have been pretty chill in my life lately. I graduated early, thank God, so I don't have to go back to school until it's time to graduate. The baby is healthy and so am I. Plus my family and friends have been really supportive lately.

It's been two weeks and the results of the paternity test are finally in. I'm already here at the clinic and I'm just waiting for Y/N to show up. I'm a little nervous to see Y/N because the last time we talked things didn't go so well. But Dinah's told me that Y/N's changed a bit so there's a chance this can go smoothly.

I got bored so I was I started playing a game on my phone. That got boring really fast so I put my phone back in my pocket. People were coming in and out of the clinic but there was no sign of Y/N. I went to the bathroom to freshen up for a minute and when I came back into the waiting room Y/N was sitting there.

"What's up Mani?" He asked.

"Nothing just waiting for my name to get called that's all." I said.

"Well I just came from the dentist office and I hated every second of it." Y/N said.

"Why?" I asked.

"I have hated going to the dentist ever since I was a little kid.  The sounds and the smell it just bothers me a lot.  Plus the dentist always starts talking to me when his working on my mouth." Y/N said.

I started laughing because Y/N was telling the truth. The dentist doesn't start talking to you until they start working on you.

"So how'd everything go?" I asked.

"Pretty good, I have to get my wisdom teeth pulled out and I am not looking forward to that." Y/N said.

"You'll be fine. Dinah will hold your hand before they knock you out." I said.

Y/N scoffed, "The minute Dinah sees that needle going in my mouth she's gonna freak out. I'll take my chances and go in alone." He said.

We shared a laugh then there was late awkward silence between us. Y/N had arms folded and he was tapping his foot while I was twiddling my thumbs.

"I'm sorry for all of the terrible things I said to you, that wasn't cool. No matter what happens after today I'd like for us to be friends again." Y/N said.

"Seriously?" I asked.

"Yeah. Wether or not this baby is mine or not I'd like for us to be cool again." Y/N said.

"I'd like that." I said.

"Cool." Y/N said.

Normany Hamilton

"It's Normani." Y/N and I said together.

We got up and followed the nurse back to the doctors office. The nurse let us know that the doctor would be with us in a few moments. I was feeling fine before I walked in now I'm feeling a little nervous. Y/N reached over and held my hand, "Relax Normani, everything is gonna be fine." He said.

"I hope you're right." I said.

The doctor came in and she was full of energy. Y/N and I just looked at each other like what has gotten in to this woman. She has a weird last name that's hard to pronounce so I just call her Dr. Peyton. Peyton's her first name.