fifty one

Y/N POV

It's my little guy's first day of school and it's bittersweet. I'm happy because he's about to start a new adventure in his life but I'm sad because my son is growing up on me and I can't change that. Normani made an amazing breakfast this morning and now I'm helping Sergio get ready. The year after Normani and I graduated they got rid of the uniforms so now the kids can wear their regular clothes. I'm mad they implemented this new policy after we left.

I gave Sergio a fresh line up now he's putting on his clothes. "You nervous little man?" I asked.

"A wittle bit." He said.

"I was nervous my first day at Washington too soon. It was my first time at a new school, and I didn't know a lot of people there but there was someone who helped me relax." I said.

"Was that someone mommy?" Sergio asked.

"Yes it was. Her along with Dinah, Ally, and Zendaya. All of them made me very comfortable." I said.

"So if I make some friends things will be alright?" Sergio asked.

"Yeah, you and Kendall are gonna be in the same class so you already have one friend. Now all you have to do is make more friends." I said.

"Okay daddy." Sergio said.

Sergio sat in the bed and I helped him tie his shoes. "Daddy how come you don't talk to mommy anymore?" He asked.

"Mommy and I had a little fight about something." I said.

"I think little is an understatement daddy. It must've been big because you've been sleeping the man-cave for a whole week." Sergio said.

When your kid is smart and nosy at the same time.

"Yeah it was pretty serious and I'm not sure what's gonna happen next son." I said.

"Daddy you're not gonna leave me again are you?" Sergio asked.

"No I'm not gonna leave you again son I promise. I'm going to be right here okay. Mommy and I just need to figure some things out." I said.

Sergio let out a sigh, "Okay daddy." He said.

"He don't you worry about a thing  buddy. I promise you everything is gonna work out." I said.

"Alright daddy." Sergio said.

I took off the necklace with the cross pendant that I was wearing and put it around Sergio's neck. Sergio looked at it and asked, "What's this daddy?"

"My mama gave that to me when I was your age and I've had it ever since, it's my good luck charm and now I'm giving it to you. Maybe when you get older and have a son of your own you can give it to him." I said.

"Thanks daddy. But do you have a good luck charm now?" Sergio asked.

"I have three good luck charms: you, mommy, and the necklace that my dad gave me before he went to Iraq." I said.

I took the dog tag necklace out of my shirt so I could show Sergio. When I was younger my dad and I didn't have a lot of moments like this. But now that I'm a father I get to have all of these moment with my little guy.

"Alright son let's go downstairs and take some pictures with mommy." I said.

Sergio grabbed his book bag and went downstairs. As soon as Normani saw Sergio she started crying, I can't lie I kinda saw it coming. Once Normani calmed down we took some pictures and got in the Range Rover. The car ride was kinda quiet Normani and I weren't talking but Sergio was quietly singing along with the radio. When we pulled up to the school Sergio asked, "Is it too late to homeschool me?"