THE PRISONER'S TRIALS

(SNEAK PEAK)

*please kindly share this cover to help spread the words

*please kindly share this cover to help spread the words. Thank you so much ^_^*

*enjoy reading! Lots of love ^_^ <3*
______________________________________

"The door has a shocker." David announced while rubbing his hand to sooth the stinging pain he received.

I took a glance at the door knob that contains a shocker. I thought we could escape that easily. I was wrong. Dead wrong.

*BUZZ!*

I heard that familiar sound around the room we are in right now.

The next thing I heard is a sick bastard's voice.

"You really took a lot of courage to try and make an escape for the exit eh?" He mocked before giving us a chilling laugh.

"You think this is some kind of a joke man?! You better let us out! I ain't staying in a hell hole like this place!" One of the guys, Harper, raged.

"Oh this isn't a joke Harper... This is reality. The pitiless side of reality."

What does this guy want from us? Why are we here in the first place?

"Why the hell did you brought us here?" Audrey asked the guy over the loudspeaker.

"Nothing Audrey. Just want to play some... fun games rather?" The guy over the loudspeaker answered with an intimidating voice.

"You're treating us like we are some sort of guinea pigs to play with?! You're insane!" Audrey blurted out while gripping her hair tightly and walking a few distance away from us with a huff.

"Tsk tsk. Must we resort to aggressiveness? Such pity to see such beautiful woman drown in deep fear." The mysterious man mocked, probably referring to Audrey who's becoming hysterical right now.

This is sick. I think I'm gonna lose my mind at any minute just imagining the fact that I'm trapped inside of this mysterious prison with people who are 100% strangers to me. I gotta be calm. There's gotta be a way for us to escape.

"Enough with this. Tell us why we're here and what we'll have to do." Shane said in a straightforward voice.

"Well then. Let me introduce myself first. It is I, the watcher, will be the one to guide you in this place. 7 of you are inmates of this prison."

Guide us? Is he joking? More like guiding us to our demise! I don't know about them, but something tells me that he has capabilities to kill us cold blooded at any moment. Just by listening to his dark voice fully describes of who he is. Evil. Heartless. Sadistic...

"As inmates of this prison, it is your goal to pass the trials that you will face. The 7 you. Each and one of you holds one sin. Each of you represents the 7 deadly sins. Sins that can't be forgotten. Sins that cannot disappear. Sins that can't be buried under the ground..."

That sent chills under my spine. 7 deadly sins? Each of us represents one of it? But the question is, WHAT sin do we embodied? For the record, this trial thing is seemingly pointless. And when I say pointless is that, we have to accomplish some twisted games just to know what sin do we represent. I mean, does it even benefit us?. Is this guy's trying to simply make us suffer? Or do his actions have a lot more story to explain? Clearly, I don't know the answer. But there's one thing I know for sure.

He's not hesitating to kill us if we do one wrong move.

"Along the way, you will know what sin you embodied. Your main goal is to pass all of the trials you will face, and to know what sin you behold. Must you gather and exert effort as one team? Or either be a lone wolf and must take the path that contains jeopardy? It is all your decision whether to survive alone or survive together. Must you cooperate? Or secretly stab your fellow prisoner from the back? Let the trials begin!"

The next thing, We all heard a buzzing sound. We noticed a gate electronically sliding itself from the side, revealing us a path that leads to a rusty door.

The door had a sign on it. It read as "1ST TRIAL".

We all exchanged looks to one another. Dread, tension, nervousness— there's too many words to describe how we all felt right now. None of us even made a move towards the rusty door. I can tell that they are hesitating. Even I myself must admit that I am also having second thoughts. I feared the fact that I don't have any idea of what's behind that eerie-looking door.

"It's the only way around. There's no turning back now." Shane said coolly before starting to walk along the path. We all just followed him in unison.

In times like this, I have to work with the others to survive. Even if I can feel the fear rushing over me, I shrugged it off.

For now, it's all about surviving from the worst.