The Wall

Me: Hey God?

God: Hey! What's going on?

Me: I'm stuck.

God: Where?

Me: I don't know, but it's dark...

God: Feel around. There is an escape somewhere in the darkness. There always is.

Me: There's nothing. Only a wall. This is hopeless.

God: That's a lie. Abby, don't lie. That's why you're here. That's why you're trapped. Each brick of the wall you are facing now is every lie you have ever allowed yourself to believe, every false accusation you've taken as the truth. Look on the one above your hand...

Me: ...unworthy...

God: Keep going.

Me: ...ugly, poor, not enough, unfixable, dumb, useless, unwanted... God, I can't do this anymore! Why are you making me see this??

God: I want you to tear down that wall.

Me: Excuse me?? They may call me Abs, but I promise you, I have no abs, no muscle. Like at all. I'm a slug, not the Hulk.

God: Nope. Wrong again, my dear. Abby, you have at least one muscle, a very strong one at that... Your heart.

Me: Okay. But still, how am I going to tear down this brick wall?

God: The same way you built it — by believing. But this time, instead of believing lies, set your heart on the truth!

Me: Alright... Here we go!

God: You can do this!

Me: ...worthy...

God: Keep going. Joy is on the other side waiting for you!

Me: ...beautiful, blessed, always enough, unbreakable, intelligent, useful, wanted and needed...