Peace, Be Still

Me: God, I'm worried.

God: Don't be.

Me: Easier said than done.

God: It doesn't have to be. Tell me, what has you so worried?

Me: You should know.

God: I do.

Me: Okay. Well, ever since I had that ovarian cyst my mind constantly wants to drift to ten years in the future... What if I am unable to have children because of the damage the cyst caused when it bursted? All I want to do is be a mommy. That's all I've ever wanted to do. I just want to rock my babies to sleep, to teach them how to sing, to hold their little hands as they take their first step, to kiss their booboos, to tease them about their crushes as they get older, to love them the way my mommy does me, to teach them about having faith in you!

God: You cannot set someone free while you are still captive.

Me: What?

God: How will you ever teach your children, or anyone, about having faith and trusting me if you have yet to do that yourself? Abby, I created you to do something great. Not only that, but to BE something great, and worrying gets you nowhere but backwards. Do not dwell on things of the past or anticipate things of the future. I have everything set out for you according to my plan and no matter what the circumstance, put your trust in me.

Me: I just wish I could have some part in determining what that circumstance will be.

God: You don't get to choose. It's a part of having faith. And you need to realize that you can't put the idea of children before me. I am the alpha and omega, the beginning and the end of all things. I should be your first priority always.

Me: You're right, you're right.

God: Hey, I love you.

Me:  :)

God: Everybody loves you. No matter what. Your husband will love you just the same, whether you are able to have children or not. I promise.

Me: I don't know—

God: You don't need to. Everything will be okay. Just make it work in the moment. Day by day, step by step, even if you don't know which way.

Me: God, thank you. You've calmed my heart, but my mind is still racing with a thousand "what-if's" and doubts. It won't stop running and running and running!

God: Find peace in knowing me. Peace be still.

Me: Peace be still. Peace be still. Peace be still. Peace be still. Peace be still.

- - - - -
"Then He arose and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, “Peace, be still!” And the wind ceased and there was a great calm." -Mark 4:39