Napatigil naman ito at mukhang nagulat nang makita siya. Tumayo naman ito mula sa pagkakaupo sa swivel chair nito,  "Y-Your highness, you're here--"

Hindi naman agad ito nakapagsalita at kaagad nilagay ni Agatha ang envelope sa office table nito. Ang envelope kung saan naglalaman ang dokumento nang pag-aabdicate ng anak niyang si Ashton sa Princely title nito.

"Why did you sign my son's abdication document? You can't just sign without my consent, Emilee. I'm a Duchess. My family has always been part of the aristocrats, my family's name is even older than yours." She said straightly. Her family name - the Bowles was already been established in the royal lineage centuries ago. Kaya mas makapangyarihan siya rito at wala itong karapatan na basta pirmahan na lang at sundin ang kagustuhan ng anak niya.

The Prime Minister deeply sighed, "Yes, your highness, your family may be from an aristocratic lineage and has been well-established years ago. But I'm the Prime Minister now. The people chose me," The old woman answered back, "Prince Ashton is already old enough. He's 21 and he can do whatever he wants - with or without your consent."

Agatha suddenly felt irritated and insulted with what the PM just said, "He can't abdicate his title. He can never give it up," She gritted her teeth, "Because he's the legitimate child of the late King Edmund, my husband. He's the only legitimate child."

She then laughed sarcastically, "He's even the one who was supposed to be crowned as the King of England - not that illegitimate Jordan. Your parliament is deceitful. Liars and vicious - because how can an illegitimate child ascend the throne? Well, an illegitimate can never become a King by the rules." She added matter-of-factly.

And she doesn't even know what conspiracies did her late husband, King Edmund do to make that illegitimate be the King. There are rules before becoming the head monarch of the UK - and one of it is - an illegitimate child will never become a King even if he was the first born.

Thus, making her own son, Prince Ashton Luthor Philip Ashenbert the right heir apparent.

Huminga naman ng malalim si Emilee - looking at the Duchess with pity and guilt, "I'm so sorry, your highness. But your marriage with the late King Edmund was already dissolved two years before King Jordan was born... King Edmund married Penelope Adler, King Jordan's biological mother legally."

"You have signed a divorce papers prior to the birth of Jordan - making your marriage with the late King null and void."

●●●

Pumasok naman agad sa isang room si Jordan para makausap ulit ang dating butler niyang si Idris. At gaya noon ay may nakabantay pa rin silang mga guwardiya habang mag-uusap sila sa loob.

Jordan then sat in front of him.

"You're back here again, I thought you were gone." Idris started, looking at him cockily. Ngumisi rin ito at walang bakas na pagsisisi ang makikita sa mukha nito. Idris doesn't even look guilty of what he did to him and to his wife.

Jordan just chuckled, "I'm always gonna be back, Idris - because I'm the King." He gave him a tight smile.

"Savor it while the throne is still yours, boy."

Natahimik naman si Jordan sa sinabi nito. He was merely observing his old butler. Matagal na talaga itong naninilbihan sa ama niya - ngunit sa 'di inaasahan ay magtataksil pala ito sa kanila. He didn't even that it will happen - knowing Idris has been there helping him - especially when he went back to the Philippines not as Zachary Knight but as King Jordan Ashenbert IV.

"You have been my father's greatest confidante, he trusted you much. You have been with him in his dying breath too... You were his friend." He started, reminiscing his father's memories - the moment when he first arrived at the UK.

Ito naman ang hindi agad nakapagsalita dahil sa sinabi niya. Jordan then looked at Idris - somehow for a second, he saw guilt on his eyes. Yumuko na lang ang matanda.

"Did you know... he married my mother, Penelope Adler? Even me, hindi ko aakalain na kinasal pala talaga sila. For all those years, I thought I was an illegitimate child."

"Alam mo na ba ito dati pa, Idris?" He asked calmly. Napaangat naman ang ulo nito at tinignan siya - but his butler just stared at him without uttering any word.

He sighed. Idris knows. He knew it already before but he didn't tell him.

"Why are you doing this?" Gusto niyang malaman kung bakit ganoon na lang kalalim ang sama ng loob nito sa pamilya niya. Gusto niyang maintindihan kung anong dahilan nito kung bakit ito galit sa kanila at higit sa lahat kung bakit ayaw nito siya ang maging Hari.

Huminga naman ito ng malalim at iniwasan ang tingin niya, "Agatha... is my younger sister. She loved Edmund with all her heart but Edmund didn't love her back. My sister cried for him but to the late King, it meant nothing. He divorced her without her knowledge and married a commoner instead."

"He ruined Agatha, Jordan. He made her believe that she was still married to him though she wasn't already - all for just publicity," Ngayon ay nakatingin na ito sa kanya. But Idris' eyes were calm, "I want my sister to be happy. I want her to have what she deserves - and my nephew, Ashton, is the only the true crown prince."

"I want my nephew to be the King for my sister, Jordan."

//

Two to three more chapters left!