Chapter Thirty-Three

Today, We were having graduation practice. Mrs. Warren partnered up everyone in her first period class to walk down. Our school made everyone walk with their first period classes as opposed from alphabetical order. Mrs. Warren said we were just going to walk with the people that had been our partners all year. It was just my luck that Alan was mine. I hadn't talked to him in almost two weeks about anything, and I didn't want to start now, but she made us.

"Okay, You all have been going to school together for the past seven years together. You've gotten to know each other, and at the beginning of the year, I asked you all to get to know your partners" She says. "So now, I want you all to describe each other to the classroom. This is your final grade".

"You made us spend the entire year getting to know each other just for this?" I ask.

"I did" She answers. "And I'm glad I did it".

"Why?" Jenna asks just as confused as I was.

"Because, A lot of great friendships are formed this way" She says and turns her head towards Alan and I. "And sometimes, Great relationships are too".

"It wasn't so great. It ended" Alan says.

"Well, Since you and Makinley seem to have some issues with this. You're up first. Alan, Tell us about Makinley" She says and takes a seat at her desk. Alan walks up to the front of the classroom.

"Well, Most people know Makinley and I were a couple, but recently broke up. Right now, We aren't on the best of terms, but Makinley Palmer is one of the best people I know. She has one of the best hearts I've ever seen. I was lucky enough to hold that heart in my hand, and yes I was stupid for letting it go. She constantly wants to make sure everyone else is happy and she does what she can to make sure that happens. She sees good in everything, and she always tries to do the right thing. She is an amazing friend, she was an amazing girlfriend, and most of all she is an amazing mother to her son. I'm lucky to have gotten to know you, Makinley, but most of all I'm lucky to have gotten to love you and I want to tell you right now that I'm always going to love you. Even though I don't have your heart anymore, you still have mine. You always will". He sits down and I stand up in front of the class. I could see a few girls in the class wiping tears away from their eyes, including Jenna and Mrs. Warren. I was holding back.

"Alan Bersten isn't like any guy that I've ever met. He's sweet, Charming, Headstrong, Patient, and the list could go on. But what it pretty much boils down to is that he's perfect. He's never pushy, He's never mean, He never a bully. He knows what he wants and he goes after it. I can say that because he wanted me and he went after me, and well...he got me. He wrapped me around his little finger, and I'm still wrapped. He still has my heart, because how could I ever stop loving a guy like him? One thing Alan taught me this year is that you have to follow your heart and do what's best for you. I admire you for going after what you want and doing just that" I say. "And don't worry, You still have my heart too". I sat back down with tears in my eyes and Mrs. Warren stood up.

"Kinley, Are you okay?" She asks.

"Uh, C-Can I go to the bathroom?" I ask.

"Ye-". Before she could answer, I shot up and ran out the door. As soon as I was out, I burst into tears. I got to the bathroom and sat in the floor against the wall with my knees pulled tightly against my chest. A few minutes later, Jenna ran in and fell to the floor next to me and pulled me into her arms.

"He's leaving" I say. My head was nuzzle against her chest.

"I know" She says trying to soothe me. "It's okay".

"How do I live without him?" I ask. 

"I-I don't know".

"He's my world, My heart, My soul" I sob. "He's leaving and he's taking away everything good in my life".

"You have Amaro" She says.

"Amaro needs to have a father to help raise him" I say.

"I know".

"I don't know how to survive without him" I say. "He's the only person I've ever loved, and I know it's so selfish of me to not want him to go, but I've never loved someone more, and I truly don't know how I'm going to live without him" I finally look up a her. "He has my heart, and he's always going too. I can't live without him".

A/N: chapter 35 is going to be the last chapter of this story. i want to know if you all think alan will leave OR change his mind last minute and stay with makinley and amaro? comment below! love yall!