Chapter Twelve

The next morning I made sure to get to the studio early to apologize to Allison, but Allison wasn't there yet, only Anna was.

"Morning, Kinley" She says as I sit in front of her desk.

"Am I trouble?" I ask.

"For skipping yesterday? No" She answers.

"I'm really sorry" I say. "I just...I lost track of time".

"Lindsay tried to say that you were swapped with work for your English project, but I knew where you really were" She says. "With your boyfriend".

"I'm not in trouble?" I ask.

"No, Makinley. It's fine" She says. "However, I can't promise that Jenna and Witney won't be upset about it".

"Yeah, Well, They're not my biggest fans right now" I say.

"They will come around" She says.

"I don't know about that" I say.

"Kinley, You and Jenna have been best friends since you were three years old. You've had fights in the past and you've always gotten through it. This is another one of those fights, it'll blow over soon" She assures me.

"You think?".

"I'm positive" She says. "Go on and start working out". I walked out and saw Jenna, Lindsay, and Witney walking in the front door.

"Hey, Kinley" Lindsay chirps.

"Morning" I say and smile at her.

"Oh, Look who decided to show up today" Jenna says to Witney.

"Leave her alone" Lindsay defends me.

"Oh, for the love of God, We know she wasn't swamped with homework. We know where she was. Quit covering for her, Lindsay" Witney yells. Because Lindsay took my side, it was causing problems for her and Witney.

"What's it matter if I was with my boyfriend?" I ask.

"You know good and well that if anybody else at this studio skipped practice they would be kicked off the team, but since you're Allison and Anna's golden girl, you got special treatment" Jenna says.

"I didn't get any special treatment. I skipped and I apologized and they accepted the apology" I say.

"They wouldn't have accepted my apology" Witney spouts.

"You know they treat everyone equally. You're just mad that I'm dating Alan" I say.

"Yeah, You're right, I am mad" She says. "We have the right to be".

"You two are being so childish" Lindsay defends me again.

"Why can't you just be happy for me?" I ask.

"You're dating the enemy! You betrayed your team!" Jenna shouts.

"I didn't betray anyone! I followed my heart!" I shout back.

"Next time use your fucking brain, Makinley, He doesn't love you, He doesn't care about you, and he's probably using you!" She yells.

"I-". I was cut off.

"Jenna, That's enough!" Anna says getting in between Jenna and I. "Go to my office".

"I have-".

"Now!" She says. "I'll speak with you later". Jenna rolls her eyes and walks away.

"Why did she get in trouble? She's telling the truth. Makinley did betray us and Alan doesn't love her" Witney says.

"She got in trouble because I'm in charge. This studio isn't going to tolerate fighting, or yelling, or bullying. You should he thankful I didn't send you in there. Do you understand me?" Anna asks.