Chapter Thirty-One

***1 Week Later***

Amaro was now one week old. He was such a happy baby. He barely cried and usually slept through the night. I had to stay home until the last week of school. The doctor said I wouldn't miss my graduation.

Today, I was finally taking Amaro to meet Mrs. Warren. I dressed him in a onesie that Mrs. Warren got for him that said 'Books before Babes'. I waited for school to be over before I took him to see her.

I had began to walk down the hallway when I began to hear voices.

"I have no idea what I'm going to tell her. She's going to be so mad" A male voice says.

"You just have to be honest" A female voice says.

"She's going to hate me" The male voice says again.

"Oh, No she won't, Alan". She says again. Alan? I walk up to the door and see Alan and Mrs. Warren talking.

"What's going on?" I ask holing Amaro's carseat in my arms.

"Uh, Kinely-".

"What's going on Alan?".

"Uh, I- What are you doing here?" He asks.

"I came to let Mrs. Warren see Amaro" I answer.

"Oh, Well let me see that beautiful boy" She says and rushes over to me. She went on to play with him while I talked to Alan.

"What were you talking about before?" I ask.

"Uh, N-Nothing. J-Just don't worry about it" He says.

"Alan" Mrs. Warren says. She was bouncing Amaro in her arms. "You need to tell her the truth".

"What's going on?" I ask.

"I-I got accepted to a college" He says.

"Really? That's great!" I exclaim. "Which one? Kentucky State? UK, Or UofL?".

"Uh, S-Stanford" He answers while looking at the ground. My face goes blank.

"In California?".

"Y-Yeah".

"What?!".

"I got a scholarship" He says. "It's a really cool, once in a lifetime opportunity. I get the chance to study music under come of the best professors".

"How long?".

"Four years".

"So, you were just gonna leave? You were going to leave me and your son for four years?".

"Kinley, I have to go" He says.

"Our son was just born a week ago! He's only a week old and you're already planning to leave him!" I shout.

"I'm going to I can make a future for us! For him! I'm going to come back. I'm going to make us a family!".

"No! You're not going to make us a family! We're not a family! Stay away from me and my son!".

"He's my son too! And we are a family!".

"No! We're over!" I yell with tears in my eyes.

"Makinley".

"No, You always leave, and yes I know this is something good for you, but you always leave. You lect when i kossed Gleb in that dance routine because you thought I was cheating, You left when I got pregnant and told me to kill the baby, and now you're leaving again".

"Yeah, but I always came back" He says.

"I always took you back. And do you want to know why? Because I'm so in love with you that I acted completely insane, but I have something else to worry about now".

"What are you saying?" He asks.

"I-I think we're over" I say fighting the tears.

"We-We can't" He says. "Were a family".

"No, Amaro and I are a family. You're leaving, and...and I'm done taking you back".

"Fine!" He says and storms out. I scramble to grab everything and leave too, but Mrs. Warren stopped me.

"Kinley, take a breath" She says.

"I have to go home" I say. She was still holding Amaro.

"No, No. Sit down" She says and pushes me into her chair. "I'm not letting you leave like this".

"If he wants to go, let him, I'm not stopping him" I say.

"Look, this is a fantastic opportunity for him, but if you really don't want him to go, you have to let him know".

"I-I don't care about what does anymore. Like I said, I have someone else to worry about. We aren't together, so what he does doesn't concern me. I don't care about his decisions and I don't care about him". I stand up and begin to take Amaro in my arms and put him in the carseat.

"Makinley, You don't mean that. You love him. You're not over him".

"Well, Yeah. I'll never be over him, He's the love of my life". She stays silent and just looks at me with a sad look on her face. "He's the love of my life".

A/N: nothing new, but makinley and alan are over again, and he is leaving her. QUESTION: how would you of handled the situation? comment below! love yall!