Chapter Twenty-One

Alan and I couldn't wait to tell Mrs. Warren that we were going to have a son, We practically ran to her classroom.

"By the smiles on your faces, I'd say you have some good news" She says. I take out a 3-D sonogram picture and hand it to her.

"Say 'Hello' to my Son" I say with the biggest smile.

"Son?!" She exclaims. "Makinley, You're having a Son!".

"I'm still at a loss for words" I say.

"I am too" Alan adds. "I'm going to be a father".

"I'm glad you stepped up" She says.

"Well, When I saw that little guy on the screen, I knew I was meant to be here raising him with the girl of my dreams".

"What are you naming him?" She asks.

"Are we going with the same one we chose before?" I ask Alan.

"Yeah".

"So?" Mrs. Warren says.

"Amaro" I answer. "Amaro James".

"I'm so happy for you all" She says as the bell rings. Alan and I find out seats, and soon the entire class is filled with students and the bell rang for class to begin. "Okay, Everyone-". I cut Mrs. Warren off.

"OH!" I shout and grab my stomach.

"What? Babe, What is it?" Alan asks.

"I-I don't know, I-It felt like something hit me" I say. Alan and I both looked at each other frantically.

"D-Does that mean the baby's hurt?" Alan asks and looks up at Mrs. Warren.

"Uh, No, It means the baby's perfect" She says. "He kicked you".

"That...That was my baby?" I ask.

"Kinley, He's kicking" Jenna says. "Feel him". She places my hand on my stomach and pushes it down a bit.

"Oh, My Gosh! He did it again" I say. I pull Alan's hand over to feel him. His face lights up.

"That's amazing" He says.

"It is amazing, but after a bit, it's going to annoy you to death" Mrs. Warren says.

"I can't wait" I say and smile down at my stomach as my son kicked the sides. I truly could not wait to hold him, see him, smell that sweet baby scent. I was running out of patience and I still had four more months to go.

***

When I got home from school, I crashed. I was so tired after everything that had been happening the past few days with the baby and school. By the time I had woken up it was already 8:30. I knew Alan was probably home already, so I walked outside on the balcony, but when I got there he wasn't there. However, In his driveway were two police cars. I felt my heart burst out of my chest. I quickly walked down the steps and tried to make it out the door, but Mischa stopped me.

"Hey, Mom is out there now. You have to stay here" She says. Tears were in my eyes.

"I-I have to know what happened, Is it Alan?" I ask.

"I don't know" She answers and we sit down on the couch. "The cops have been there for about 10 minutes, when Mom saw them she went out there and told me to stay here incase you woke up". Suddenly, We heard the police men leave and Mom walked in the house. I ran straight to her. Tears had formed in her eyes too.

"Uh, Honey, A-Alan...He had a wreck" She says. "It was a hit and run, and they don't know if he's okay. It doesn't look very good".

"No!" I yell and almost fall to the ground, But Mischa catches me and holds me up with her arms wrapped around me.

"His parents are going to call when they figure something out-".

"No! We have to go to the hospital. We have to be there when he wakes up" I say.

"Kinley-".

"We have to go, Mom, We have too!".

"Mom? I'll take her" Mischa says.

"Are you sure?".

"Yeah".

Mischa and I got into the car and took off to the hospital. The only thoughts that ran through my head were bad. Tears streamed down my cheeks the entire ride.

When we arrived, We went to the waiting area. I immediately spotted Alan's brother, Gene, and his siater, Melani. He ran to me.

"Hey, You okay?" He asks and hugs me.

"Yeah, How's Alan?" I ask.

"We don't know, Mom and Dad are talking to the doctors now" Melani says.

"Do they know what happened?" Mischa asks.

"Only that it was a hit and run" Gene says. "Nothing else". We spot Alan's parents walking back over to us with a doctor.

"H-He wasn't wearing a seat belt and the car hitting the side of his made him fly into the passenger door. He has three broken ribs and may had to have neck surgery" The doctor says.

"When can we see him?" I ask.

"We're about to take him up for surgery, but one person can see him now" He says.

"Kinley, You go" His mother says. "We can wait here longer, but you need to get back home and get rest. Mischa and Makinley can go see him".

Mischa and I follow the doctor back to his room. The doctor stops before opening the door.

"He's not going to look the same" He says. "His entire face is purple, His neck is swollen, and he has bandages wrapped around his entire torso. He's not going to look like the Alan you know".

"I-I can handle it" I stammer.

He opens the door. I wanted to fall down to my knees, but all I could do was rush to his side. I grabbed his cold fingers and wrapped my hands around them.

"Babe? I-I'm here" I say. "Me and Amaro are here". Tears filled my eyes and rolled down my cheeks.

"Amaro?" The doctor questions. I turn and face him.

"Our son" I say and smile while placing my hands on my stomach. "He's going to be a father, and he's going to have a son that needs a father, so...you have to fix him".

"I will" He says. "For you and Amaro".

"For Me and Amaro".

Suddenly, The monitor struts besting rapidly and the doctor rushes to his side.

"Get out of here!" He shouts.

"Wh-".

"OUT!".

The monitor started slowing down again, and then...there was a flatline. Alan was gone. Lifeless. Dead.

A/N: DUN DUN DUN!! Alan dies the day after he finds out he's having a son. How will Makinley be able to live without him, How will she raise her son on her own? comment below your thoughts on this plot twist! love yall!