Chapter Nineteen

***1 Month Later***

I was currently five months pregnant, and Today was the day Alan and I were finding out the gender of our baby for our gender reveal party on Saturday. We were going to pop a big balloon and pink or blue confetti would come out.

"What do you think it is?" Alan asks. We were sitting with My Mother and Mischa at the doctors office.

"I just want it to be healthy" I say.

"Oh, Hush, You've always wanted a daughter" Mischa says.

"True, but I think it's a boy" I say. "I'm carrying high".

"I'm saying girl" Alan says.

"Well, I don't care what it is as long as I have a healthy grand baby in the end" Mom says.

"Makinley, We're ready for you" I hear Doctor Ross say from the doorway. We all stand up and walk into the small room. I got up on the table and got ready for my ultrasound.

"You ready to find out if your having a son or daughter?" Doctor Ross asks.

"Actually, We don't want to find out" I say. "Can you write it down and put it in an envelope?" I ask.

"Sure" She says.

"Just tell us that it's healthy" Mom says.

"Oh, It is" She replies. "Okay, I'm going to need everyone to close their eyes, because I can see the gender now." We all close our eyes until she tells us to open them.

When we finally got to open our eyes, She handed me the envelope and smiled at me.

"Am I going to like the results?" I ask.

"You get to find out tomorrow" She says and smiles one last time before walking out.

"Can I open it now?" Alan asks trying to take the envelope from me.

"Hey, No!" I say swatting his hand away.

"Ugh! I wanna know what my baby is" He pleads.

"Come on, Let's go get dinner" My mother says pushing Alan and I out of the door and into the car.

"Olive Garden?" I asked.

"Sure" Mom replies as we pull out of the parking lot.

"Babe, We need names" Alan says and pulls me close to him.

"Well, For a boy, I like 'Amaro'. It's unique" I say.

"What about a girl?" He asks.

"Josie" I say.

"Amaro Bersten or Josie Bersten" He says. "Perfect".

"I'm rooting for Josie" Mischa calls from the front seat.

"Nope, Amaro" Mom says.

"I don't have a preference" Alan says.

"I do, but I'm not telling anyone what it is" I say.

"Well, We all get to find out tomorrow" Alan says.

***

After we ate dinner, Alan and I decided to go to the mall.

"Where to first?" He asks.

"Well, We could pick out some baby clothes" I say. 

"I'm in" He says. We found a 'Baby's-R-Us' and went inside. There were so many things a baby needed.

"This is cute" Alan says and holds up a tye dyed T-shirt.

"Babe, It's cute" I say taking it from him. "But, it's for a toddler".

"So?" He says.

"Alan, When this baby is born, it's going to be this size" I say and hold up a newborn onesie. Alan's eyes widen and he takes the onesie from my hands.

"Thats...Small" He says and puts it back on the shelf.

"Maybe we should just get a regular pink and blue onesie for the reveal tomorrow" I say.

"Yeah, but they should say something on them" He says. "Like this". He holds up a pink onesie that says 'Daddy's Little Princess'.

"Okay, Let's get it" I say. "Here's a boy one". The blue onesie said 'Mommy's Prince Charming'.

"Our baby is going to have the best style" Alan says as we continue to shop and pick out blue and pink baby items.

"I'm excited to find out what it is, but I'm scared" I say.

"Of what?" He asks.

"Because, When we find out the gender, it's becoming more real. We're going to start making a nursery and buying things for it, but on top of that, we're going to have to worry about school, and you'll worry about dancing, I mean, I barely see you as it is, what's going to happen when our child gets here?" I ask.

"Hey, We are going to make this work. I-I'll quit dancing if I have too, because you are our child are more important to me than anything" He says. "I want to be here for you and the baby, You're my first priority".

"What if we're not good enough?" I ask.

"We don't have to be perfect" He says. "No one is perfect. We just have to do our best".

"I'm scared" I say.

"Do you think I'm not?" He asks. "I'm terrified too, but I also know that I'm going to be the best father I can be for my son or daughter".

"I'm so excited" I say.

"I am too, babe, This child is going to change our lives for the better and make us better people, yes, it will challenge us, but I think we are up for the challenge. This baby is going to be such a blessing and I can't wait". He pulls me into a tight hug and kisses the top of my head. I knew he was serious, and I knew he was right.

A/N: last chance to guess the gender and name of the baby!! what's your guess? comment below what you think it is! love yall!