Chapter Seventeen

***Makinley's POV***

Today was Friday. I was going to the Dare Studio today to tell everyone that I was pregnant. I wanted to Tell Allison first. I went to her office and went in. She was sitting down talking to Jenna. Great.

"I-I can't come back" I stammer.

"No, No. Do you need something?" Allison asks.

"Her spot back" Jenna says rolling her eyes.

"No. I don't want that back, but there is something I need everyone here to know" I say. "Especially Jenna".

"What?" They both asks.

"I-Uh, Here" I say and hand the sonogram to Allison.

"Whoa" She says. Jenna looks up at me with a blank face.

"Y-You're...Pregnant?" She asks.

"12 weeks" I say.

"Holy Shit" She says.

"Well, That's what I wanted to tell you guys" I say. "Allie, Can you tell everyone else for me. I don't think I can do it".

"Sure" She says.

"Thank you" I say. "I-I have to go". I practically ran out of the room ad out to the parking lot. I was stopped in my tracks when I heard a family voice calling from behind me.

"Wait! Kinley, Wait!" I turn around ad see Jenna.

"Yeah?".

"I...Are you okay?" She asks.

"You suddenly care?" I ask.

"Shut up, I've always cared" She says.

"You've got a strange way of showing it" I say.

"Okay, Yeah, I was pissed when you didn't tell me about being with Alan, and yes I was insensitive about it all, but I guess I just wished you had told me" She says.

"I didn't tell you because I was scared and I knew you hated him" I say.

"Kinley, You've been my bestfriend for fifteen years, that's not going to change. I don't know why I was going to let a guy come between that, but I let my anger get the best of me" She says. "I-I want you to know that I'm really sorry and I'm really happy for you and Alan".

"Be happy for me, Not him" I say.

"Why? What happened?" She asks. We moved to the bench that was on the side of the building and sat down. I explained everything to her.

"So, He left you after he found out about the baby?" She asks.

"Yeah, but I'm keeping my baby" I say. "I don't love anyone else in the world more than this baby".

"I'm proud of you" She says. "You're stepping up".

"I have too" I say. "I'm a mother".

"I-I, Uh, I'm really sorry for the way I treated you before" She says.

"It's...Fine. I don't really care anymore. I know we're never going to go back to the way we were" I say.

"Why can't we?" She asks.

"You hate me" I say.

"Bullshit, Makinley" She says. "Yeah, I may have been upset, but I will never hate you" She says. "Mrs. Warren helped me realize that".

"Oh?".

"She ripped me a new one the other day" She says. "Saying that I needed to grow up and stop being childish because you've alway been there for me and I needed to do the same for you because that's how friendship worked. I knew she was right".

"Why did you get so upset in the first place?" I ask.

"I-I don't know. I guess I was...Jealous".

"Of Alan?".

"Well, Yeah".

"Why?".

"Because, I felt like you would forget about me and spend all your time with him" She says. "That's why I pretended to be so mad over it, but in reality, I was afraid and hurt".

"He will Never come between you and I. No guy ever has and no guy ever could" I say.

"If you guys end up getting back together, I will 100% support you" She says.

"Really?".

"Of course" She says. I've come to my senses. "So has Witney. We were the ones being stupid".

"Do I have my best friend back?" I asked.

"You'll always have me" She says and wraps her arms around my shoulders and squeezes me tightly.

"I've missed you so much" I say snd squeeze her back.

"I know, I'm sorry" She says. I felt tears rush to my eyes. I was so glad Jenna and k were back to being the way we were before. I couldn't stand not having her being a part of my life. She was my best friend.

***

When I got back home from being at Dare all day, I decided to sit on the back deck on one of the lounges and write a little. It was almost dark whenever I heard someone call my name.

"Makinley?". I look over to see Alan standing at the bottom of the staircase in the grass. "Can we talk?".

"I don't want to talk to you" I say and begin to stand up. He runs up to the deck and grabs my arm.

"Makinley, Stop" He says. "We have to talk".

"No, We don't" I say. "As far as I'm concerned, we never have to talk anymore".

"Will you shut up and just listen to me?" He asks.

"Fime" I say.

"Look, I know what I did in school was wrong, and honestly, I don't even know why I did it in the first place, but I know that I meant it when I said that I love you. You know that, Makinley, I would never lie to you, and I never have. I don't know what it's going to take to make you realize that, but I wish that you would. I want to step up and be a father, I want to raise our child, because I want you. I want us. I want us to be a family. Forever".

"How can I know that?" I ask. Tears filled my eyes. "How can I know you're telling the truth and that you won't leave me after its born? How can you possibly say we're going to be a family forever? How can you possibly know that?".

"Because I want it" He says. "I always get the things I want".

"Not always" I say and walk into the house shutting the sliding glass door. I press my hands up against it and look him right in the eye. "You don't get me".

A/N: kind of a sad chapter, no more makinley and alan. QUESTION: your thoughts on the baby and makinley not taking alan back? comment below! love yall!