Chapter Thirteen

After rehearsal I went home to tell Mischa what happened. When I got home, another surprise was waiting for me. My mother was home from her trip to Cincinnati to see her publisher.

"I've missed my two girls" Mom says pulling Mischa and I both into a hug.

"How did your meeting go?" I asked.

"Same as all the others" She says. "How have things here been?". Mother didn't know about Alan and I dating.

"Uh, Well, Classes have been good" Mischa says.

"And dancing?" She asks me.

"There's actually something I need to talk to you about" I say.

"What is it?" Mom asked.

"Can we sit?" I ask. We go into the living room. Mischa and I say on the couch and Mom sat in the chair.

"What's going on?" Mother asks.

"I-I'm seeing someone" I say.

"Oh?" She asks.

"I have been for a few weeks. Almost a month" I say.

"Who?".

"His name is Alan and he's a dancer too" I say.

"Oh! Perfect!" She exclaims.

"Don't get too excited" Mischa says.

"Why not?" She asks raising an eyebrow.

"He's a dancer for Reign" I say.

"Reign? As in your company rivals?" She asks.

"Well...Yeah" I say.

"That... That's not what I was expecting, but are you happy?" She asks.

"I'm so happy" I say.

"Then I'm happy for you. All a parent ever wants is for her child to be happy" She says.

"There's...Uh, There's one more thing" I say.

"What is it?" She asks.

"Some of the Dare dancers aren't very excited about Alan and I and dating, Jenna and Witney mostly, and Jenna gave me a a choice to make, Either I quit dancing or I quit seeing Alan" I explain. "I have to make a decision by Friday afternoon".

"Seriously!?" Mischa exclaims.

"Yeah" I say. I felt like I was about to start crying and I had no idea why because I was never emotional before, but now anytime I felt like I could lose Alan I just wanted to sob.

"Do you know what you're going to do?" Mom asks.

"No. I haven't got the slightest idea" I say. "I love Alan, but dancing is my world. What do I do?".

"Don't ask me" Mischa says throwing her hands up.

"I can't really tell you what to do either, Kinley" Mom replies.

"Aren't you supposed to tell me what to do" I say. "Isn't that what mothers do?".

"I can't tell you what to do in this situation" She says. "I can't tell you to pick what you love the most or who you love the most, but I can tell you to follow your heart. That's the best advice I can give you".

"What if it's the wrong decision?" I ask.

"You won't make the wrong decision" She says.

"Follow your heart, Kinley, It might feel wrong, but in the long run it will be right" Mischa says.