Chapter Eighteen

*****
Today was awful. I was in the beginning of my second trimester, and I was having terrible morning sickness. I wasn't in the mood to deal with anything today. No classes, No schoolwork, and definitely No Alan.

Mrs. Warren said we needed to go to the library to work on our big project. This time, Alan and I sat by the entrance that leads outside into the courtyard if I had to throw up. We were sitting against a book case and I had a huge bottle of ice water beside me.

"Are...You okay?" He asks. It had been two weeks since we had broken up.

"No, I'm in pain. I feel awful. I want this baby out" I say.

"Do you need something?" He asks.

"I need for you not to act like you care about me anymore" I say.

"Whose acting?" He asks. "I do care about you, I care about our baby too".

"Stop" I say. "This baby isn't 'ours'. This baby is mine. You're nothing, You didn't want it, I did. Stop pretending you want to be a father just because you think you're in love with me still" I say and get up off the ground and begin to walk back to Mrs. Warrens class.

"I'm trying to do the right thing!" He shouts right before I open the door to Mrs. Warren class.

"Don't do the right thing because you think it will help you keep me! Do it because you want too!" I yell back. "Like I said don't do it because you think you're still in love with me".

"I am still in love with you!" He yells. "I love you so fucking much, Makinley. I tried telling you that but you wouldn't listen to me. What else can I do to prove that to you?!". Mrs. Warren bursts out of her door.

"What are you two doing?!" She yells at us.

"I-".

"No, I don't want to hear it" She says. "All the two of you have been doing the past two weeks is fighting and arguing. Yes, Makinley, Alan loves you, and You love him too, and you know that, so stop being difficult. And Alan, Prove to Her that you want the baby, don't just say you do, Prove it!" She yells. "God, I thought you all were adults, not children". She goes back inside leaving Alan and I in the hallways alone.

"What can I do to show you that I want the baby?" He asks quietly.

"I-I don't know" I say.

"Kinley, I will do anything to make you realize how much I love you, Anything! I have to be with you, I was put in this world to be with you. I want us, I want our family. Please understand that. I can't live without you" He says.

"I don't want to live without you either, but I need to know you're telling me the truth" I say. "I need to know you want to be a father, and you want a family. Help me believe it. Show me through actions, not words".

"I-".

Before he says anything else, I walk into the classroom and take my seat. I held my stomach tightly knowing that my son or daughter was in there, and that I would have them in my arms in a few more months. I couldn't wait for that.

***

After school was over, I went to the Dare studio to see everyone. I like to sit up in the workout room with Maks and just talk to him a not life. He didn't have a dance this week, so he just lifted weights while everyone else was rehearsing. I was telling him about everything that happened with Alan today.

"Kinley, You know he's in love with you, and you're in love with him" He says. "Why are you being complicated?".

"I-I don't know" I say. "I guess I'm afraid to-".

"To what?" He asks.

"I'm afraid that he's going to leave me, I guess" I say.

"Okay, That's insane, and you know it" He says.

"I'm going to get huge, and gross, and he's going to see someone else better and prettier, and he'll leave me" I say.

"Oh, Makinley, To him there is no one better or prettier than you. I see the way he looks at you and I hear the way he talks about you, and you know something?" He says.

"What?".

"It's the same way I talk about Peta. It's the same way I look at Peta" He answers.

"How do you look at her?".

"Like she put the stars in the sky. Like she brings light to my life even in the darkest of times. She's the only girl I see, and You're the only girl Alan sees" He says.

"How do I know that for sure?" I ask. Before Maks could reply, We were interrupted by Jenna standing in the door way.

"Uh, Kinley, Someone's here to see you" She says and moves aside so Alan could walk into the workout room. His hands were full with bags from Baby stores.

"What-".

"I'm proving it" He says. "I'm trying to prove to you that I love you and want this child just as much as you do" He says. Tears were forming in his eyes. That told me he was being honest.

"So, You went on shopping spree?' I ask.

"I-I bought bottles and clothes, diapers. Anything that I thought a baby would need" He says.

"We don't know the gender. How did you buy clothes?" I ask.

"I got girl stuff and boy stuff" He says. "We can take it all back once we figure it out".

"You're crazy" I say smiling at him with watery eyes.

"People say love can make you crazy" He says. "I'm in love with you, and you've made me crazy".

"I-Im in love with you too" I say.

"I know" He says and scoops me up in his arms. "You have to love me".

"Why?".

"Were going to be a family soon" He says.

"I can't wait" I say.

"Me either" He says and kisses my cheek. "Me either".

A/N: back to normal again! QUESTION: do you think the baby will be a boy or girl? and what will the name be? comment below! love yall!