Chapter Twenty-Three

"Alan, What-".

"Don't talk, Babe. Just listen" He says.

"I thought you were in a coma" I say sitting up in the bed.

"I was, but I woke up, because I had better things to do than lay in that bed like a lifeless soul" He says and sits down next to me.

"What about your operation?".

"I had it. I'm as good as new".

"And, All the cuts a bruises?".

"They're gone".

"H-How are you here?" I ask.

"Nothing was going to stop be from seeing you" He says and wraps his arms around me. "You're my girl".

"I-I thought I lost you earlier" I say and nuzzle my head against his chest.

"You could never lose me" He says. "Plus, I refuse to die, I could never leave you alone in this world".

"We've got a baby on the way, too. He can't grow up without a father".

"He won't have too. Like I said, Im here, I'm with you, and I'm yours. That's something you never have to question".

"I don't know how I could live without you" I say. "You calm me down, You make me brave, You push me to do my best, and the best part is, You still make my heart beat faster every time I see you enter a room".

"We were made for each other, Makinley. You know that, and I know that. Everyone knows it. God had a plan when he created us. He gave us the opportunity to start a relationship, He's giving us a Son, but it's up to us what we do with those things".

"What do you mean?" I ask. He stands up and faces me again.

"Makinley Jade Palmer, I love you. I alway have, and I know I'm always going too. I can't imagine not having you in my life, You're the person I want to share everything with. All my good times, bad times, every success, and every failure. I want everything with you. I want you. You're all I've ever wanted, and you're everything I'll ever need" He begins. Tears were in my eyes, and in the next moment, my world stopped. He got on one knee. "Makinley Jade, Will You Marry Me?".

"Yes" I say and jump into his arms. "Yes...Yes...Yes...Ye-".

"Makinley! Hey, Wake up!" I hear Mischa yelling at me.

"W-What?" I ask frantically.

"Wake up, You're going to be late for school" She says. I look down at my ring finger, No ring.

"Where's Alan?" I ask. "He-He was just here. He was beside me on this bed. He proposed".

"Kinley, I-Im sorry, but you must have been dreaming.

"A dream?".

"When we got home, You crashed. Mom and I stayed awake, and Alan hasn't been here, He's still in the hospital, and hasn't woken up from the coma".

"Why did it feel so real?" I ask.

"I don't know, but it was just a dream" She says. "He's not here".

"How am I supposed to make it through the day without him?" I ask and get out of bed. I really had no idea.

***

School Sucked. In Mrs. Warren's class, We started watching a movie called 'Tristan and Isolde', which was a love story. Lindsay seemed like she was scared to talk to me in Second Period, I guess she was afraid she would say the wrong thing and upset me.

It was currently Third Period, Mrs. Davis's history class. We had to write an essay about who one of our biggest role models in History was. I chose Annie Sullivan. When I raised my hand to ask Mrs. Davis a question, her Ander surprised me.

"How much background information do you want us to write?" I asked.

"Oh, Makinley, Honey, You don't have to do the assignment if you don't want too" She says. I raise my eyebrow.

"What?" I ask.

"I know you have slot on your mind with the pregnancy, and with Alan being...hurt".

"But-". I was cut off by a rude boy in the back of class named Jace.

"So, Because she's a whore and got pregnant, and her baby daddy is probably going to die, she doesn't have to write the essay?" He asks loudly. I turn around quickly and eyeball him.

"Jace-". He cut off Mrs. Davis.

"Hell, Maybe I'll go jump in front of a damn car if it means I get out of doing this stupid shit" He says.

"He didn't jump in front of a car. It was a hit and run, you stupid idiot" I defend Alan.

"Shut up, and go occupy your street corner, Slut".

"J-". Mrs. Davis was cut off again, but not by Jace or myself.

"Go to hell, Jace!". I look to my left and see Brittany turned around looking at him with a disgusted face. Oh My God. Brittany Cherry...My Enemy...Was Defending Me?

"Stay ou-".

"No! Shut up and leave her the hell alone. She's done nothing to you and doesn't need to hear your stupid ass comments, Maybe if you put as much effort into school as you did bullying, you wouldn't have to jump in front of a car to skip out on an assignment".

"I'm the bully?" He asks. "You're the one telling me to go to hell".

"You're the one bullying my friend. You have no idea what she's going throughright now, you don't even have the slightest idea what she is going through, so please, for everyone, and especially Makinley, Just shut your mouth".

He didn't say anything back. I was shocked. I turned back around and told Mrs. Davis that I wanted to do the assignment and I didn't have a problem with it. All I did for the rest of class was listen to music and write. Nobody in the class made a sound.

When class was over, I waited in the hallway for Brittany to walk out. I wanted to thank her for what she had done. I finally saw Her and Hayley walking out behind Jace.

"Hey, Brittany...Thanks for what you did in there" I say. She smiled at me.

"No problem" She says. "You didn't deserve to be treated that way".

"Yeah, Well, Jace has always been a dick" I say.

"You've got that right" Hayley says. We all smiled.

"Hey, How's the baby?" Brittany asks as we all walk to lunch together.

"We heard it's a boy?" Hayley asks for clarification.

"It is" I say. "He's actually started kicking quite a bit lately". Just as I said that, I felt a tiny push against my stomach. "There he is" I say and grab my stomach.

"You seem happy when you talk about him" Hayley says.

"Yeah, I'm happy" I say. "He's my son".

"Have you thought about names?" Brittany asks.

"Uh, Yeah, His name is Amaro" I say.

"Amaro Bersten" She says. "That's cute".

"He's going to look just like his daddy" I say and smile. The girls giggled. This was the first time that I had smiled since I heard about Alan's accident. I couldn't believe I was getting along with Brittany and Hayley, but I was glad that I had new people to talk too. Sometimes it's better talking to strangers than it is with someone your comfortable with. And truthfully, talking to Brittany and Hayley made me feel a little bit better about the whole situation. Maybe I had made some new friends.

A/N: IT WAS JUST A DREAM! Alan isn't out of the coma, and He and Makinley aren't engaged, but Makinley has made some new friends in Brittany Hayley. QUESTION: how do you feel about Brittany defending Makinley against Jace? comment below! love yall!