John one shot x reader - the best way to stop a cab

'I get it! I understand!' I shouted out happily. Sherlock had just talked his way too fast monologue and for the first time in forever it all was totally clear to me. John still stared at me and Sherlock as if we were magicians but to me it all was extremely logical. 'So that's why he-' Sherlock finished my sentence with a 'wasn't been seen for over a week! He's- oh wait, I'll let you finish it: I see you're proud of yourself.' Sherlock said and made a gesture with his hand and a sweet smile on his lips. 'Thank you. So that's why he wasn't been seen for over a week: he's still in there!' I shouted out. 'Very good.' Sherlock said proudly, 'You're a fast learner.'

' That might be true but I'm still human.' John said annoyed and rose out of his armchair. 'Could you both just speak English?' He complained. 'We talked in English.' I protested. 'Normal English.' John corrected himself. 'You mean simplified English.' Sherlock said sassily. 'Let me explain it to you.' Sherlock sat down on the chair that was on the opposite of John's chair and John said down again too. 'Isn't it better that (y/n) explains it to me? You always explains it as if I'm a toddler when you're sassy.' John said. 'That's because you need the explanation I would give to a toddler.' Sherlock said back, both getting more annoyed.

'So, there's this family with a young child. The kid has his birthday party and a lot of sibblings come to celebrate. So many, that one person less or one person more would not be noticed by any average person. And there is a person who had not been invited. It's the man who loved the mother of the young child, the child she got with another man; the man she actually loves and has married. This rejected man comes to the party and is planning to kill the kid. He sneaks in and isn't noticed by anyone. The kid is alone with his presents, playing with a new toy he just got, escaping from the noisy crowd that is partying in the garden. So the man goes to the room and wants to kill the kid but then he realises that, when the kid is alive and with him, he has the kid's mother in his power. The party is over and everyone leaves. They don't say 'goodnight' to the child because they assume he was too tired and is already sleeping. The crowds leaves and the parents go to check on their child. He isn't there. They search everywhere but he is nowhere to be found. The mother recognised a footprint in the garden and knows that the man who loved her was attending her son's birthday party. She doesn't tell her husband, she doesn't tell the police during her interrogation that the man was there that day.'

'So, how do we know for sure he was there?' John asked. 'I saw it.' Sherlock said mysteriously. John sat up straight. 'You were on the party?' He asked amazed. 'Oh boy, no. I saw it because I observed her! Believe me; that man was there. No one has seen the man for a week now. The mother arrives sleepily at Scotland Yard and talks to Gale,' 'Greg.' I corrected. 'Greg? Is that really his name?' Both John and I nodded.

'Oh... well, she talks to Greg with a sleepy face and she tells she couldn't sleep. Everyone thinks she couldn't sleep because of the nerves, but that's not it. She couldn't sleep because of the sounds of the door opening and closing again.' Sherlock said and stared at John. 'How are you sure?' John asked, this time I answered. 'We were there when she was interrogated. Didn't you see her getting scared every time the door opened or closed? She thinks her kid is killed and that she hears her son's ghost. But she also thinks everyone would think of her being crazy when she would tell them.' I said and looked at Sherlock.

'Excellent. 'The mother's husband is travelling abroad within some days because of work. So, John, where's the kid?' Sherlock asked him. 'How should I know!? Well... he's not dead, right?' John asked and Sherlock and I shook our heard. 'So, he kidnapped him?' John guessed. We both shook our head again. 'Stop playing this game! Just tell me the answer! I'm no use to this team anyway.' John said. 'No use? But John, of course you're useful!' I said immediately, shocked by his words. 'Really, for what?' John asked sadly. 'A lot of things.' I answered. 'But don't you see it? That man is a stalker! He knows every kind of room in that house. He's still in their house! He's waiting until the husband leaves the building so the woman is alone! Then he has her in his power with the kid! He knows that, when he leaves the house, he will be caught and that's why no one has spotted him: he's still in there! He needs to eat so you can hear him walking to the kitchen to steal some food. Enough for him and the kid to survive, but too few to be noticed by these people. That's why she heard the door opening and closing again: they have an unwanted visitor!' I shouted and John seemed to understand now. 'That's insane! They're living with their stalker/killer-to-be!' John shouted out. 'Exactly!' Sherlock shouted out happily. 'Look at you two, you're both learning so quickly.' Sherlock said with a warm smile, as if he was a father seeing his son and daughter grow up.