John one shot x reader - Shoulder taps and broken noses

It was a cold night with clear skies as I walked arm-in-arm with John through the narrow streets of London. Little shops with a closed-signs on the doors were on our left and on our right with sometimes a bar or restaurant between the shops. It was dark in the streets, the only light came from the still open bars and a streetlamp here and there. I tried to catch my breath and tried to stop laughing but it didn't work so I made a weird gasping noise. John had stopped laughing and stopped walking too. He pointed to the sky and I followed his finger.

'Look at that, isn't it wonderful?' John asked and I nodded. 'Yes, yes it certainly is.' All the stars had come out and lighted the sky with their little lights. The moon stood high and mysteriously, together is was a breathtaking picture. 'Look, John!' I said happily. 'It's the Ursa Maior!' (*Picture above*) I stared at the stars forming a little saucepan and bear. John seemed to see it too. 'Ah, yes. You've got keen eyes, my dear.' He said which caused me to smilewhile we started to walk again.

It had been a beautiful night downtown and now it was the ending, a nice ending of a nice day. We walked a bit further and talked about the day that had just passed. Reminiscing the wonderful moments was fun and we kept laughing while walking home. 'When you fell down this little stair in the cinema, throwing the popcorn over some other couple, oh that was fun.' John said happily. I had fallen down a stupid stair with three steps and thrown our food and sticky coke over some other people and they called the security right away. Of course, in their anger they lied a bit causing the security to throw us out.

'Well, yeah, I can be a bit clumsy sometimes.' I admitted with a smile. 'All the time.' John corrected me. 'Sometimes.' I said stubbornly. Some little bars closed while we walked and I assumed it to be very late. I yawned and wondered how long it would take to get home. 'Tired?' John asked me and I nodded. 'It has been wonderful today, thank you, but I really want to go home now.' I admitted. 'A couple minutes and we're there.' He said.

'What would Sherlock be doing right now?' I wondered. 'He's probably trying to burn his hat or he's criticising TV-shows.' John answered and I imagined Sherlock with his knees under his chin on a chair watching telly with a frustrating look on his face. 'Probably.' I smiled at the sight. The street got darker as more bars closed and people got out of the bars, now walking the streets. Some happy, some angry, some sober and some drunk. The nightlife of London. I stayed close to John and walked a bit faster. 'Nothing to worry about, don't you be afraid.' John said still smiling, he had noticed my sudden urge to get home as quickly as possible. Though I knew I shouldn't be afraid, I still felt a chill run over my back as we neared a group of men.

'Come, John. I want to go.' I said anxiously as I walked even faster than I did before. But of course, me being clumsy and stupid, I didn't look out and stumbled. I almost fell face-down on the streets as I felt a hand keeping me from the ground. A man with dark messy hair let me stand on my feet again and looked at me with a smile. 'Are you okay, sweetheart?' I looked at the man and discovered he had not let me go yet. 'Yes, thank you.' I said and tried to get out of his grip but failed. 'Why did you hurry? Isn't it nice here?' Another person said. John came and tapped the man holding me on his shoulder although the man much taller than him. 'Can you leave her alone, please.' John asked politely.

The man held me tighter and pretended not to have heard John. 'Why don't you stay with us?' The stranger asked and showed a little laugh with a broken tooth. I felt his breath in my face and was disguised. In the light of a few streetlamps and the many stars above, I could see a bit of John's face covered with pure irritation on the side of the men as John kept tapping the dark-haired man's shoulder. 

The stranger got annoyed and turned his face to look at John as John smacked him right in the face. It was a good hit and the man let go of me as he fell to the ground. But John wasn't ready yet. He turned to the other and knocked him down too. Then he wrapped an arm around my shoulder and looked at the two men lying down trying to get up, the remaining members of their group kneeling down by the injured guys. One man with a hand covering his nose which probably was bleeding, the other with his arms around his stomach because of John's powerful kick. They were moaning and swearing a lot when they looked up to face John.

'Oh, stop it.' He said. 'Apply ice for pain and swelling, don't blow your nose, and go to a health care provider if it's difficult to breathe through it.' John looked satisfied at them and then looked at me again. 'Let's go home.' He said smiling a cute smile even though he had just knocked down two people. 'Yes, good idea. Thank you, John. Though I obviously did not needed any help.' I said and smiled.

We walked in the direction of Baker Street in silence. When we arrived I talked again and grinned a bit. 'I thought doctors helped people to recover from injuries, not to give people injuries.' 'Well, if someone is bothering you then I have to take some measures. And I gave them advice, so I'm still a good doctor, right?' He asked and looked at me with a smirk. 'Of course.' I said as he opened the door for me and we entered home, seeing Sherlock looking up from his chair, knees under his chin and an angry look in his eyes. We started laughing again when we saw the smoke rising up from Sherlock's deerstalker on the ground.

A/N

Yes, I know, this story has no name, I just couldn't think of one! If you know one, please tell me in the comments. Anyway, thanks for reading, please vote and comment and never walk through the streets of London at night without John by your side. ;-) Thanks for reading!

Catch you later!

-MS

*Edit*

Thanks a lot Thequizgirl for suggesting those amazing names! 'Shoulder taps and broken noses' is Thequizgirl's idea and I totally love it! Thanks a lot! ;-)