Mycroft one shot x reader - Shakespeare and feminism

A/N

Just one thing: The quotes of Shakespeare are (very surprisingly) of Shakespeare, so not mine.

Enjoy!

Mycroft looked up with an annoyed look on his face when I as my book out loud... again.

"Let my disclaiming from a purposed evil

Free me so far in your most generous thoughts

That I have shot mine arrow o'er the house

And hurt my brother!"

From the very moment Mycroft had given me the book I had asked for so desperately, he had regretted his actions. I had always been astonished by the many books Mycroft possessed and felt a great desire to grab one random book out of his shelf and read it, though he mostly didn't allow me to. My greatest desire was for the oldest books, like the original poems of Edgar Allan Poe, Robert Louis Stevenson's incredible works, Gaston Leroux addicting stories or, of course, the works of William Shakespeare. And, after many days annoying him by begging for permission to read the old, valuable books, he allowed me.

He allowed me to read only one book so he left me with a difficult choice and I didn't know which masterwork to choose. Since I had already read many stories of my favourite writer, Edgar Allan Poe, I chose for Shakespeare this time. I hugged the papers surrounds by thick leather covers tightly and gave Mycroft a kiss on his cheek as a 'thank you' before I sat down on the couch with my newest companion to inspire me. I had chosen 'Hamlet' to read.

Mycroft thought he had finally silenced me, but that wasn't quite true. Instead of irritating him with my continuous 'please!' I now irritated him with the beautiful quotes when he was working.

'Can you just shut your mouth for ten minutes? I'm trying to work and Hamlet isn't really helping me.' Mycroft said with a calm voice but I knew he wasn't that calm on the inside.

'None can e'er silence mine voice, for these characters are too absolute to ignore, even for thy ign'rant ears!' I said dramatically. Mycroft looked at me with a frown on his forehead.

'Forsooth, I humbly beseech thee to forgive my most grievous transgression.' I said and smirked at him. He still had the frown on his face. 'I'm sorry, Myc. I'm just really happy with this.' His frown disappeared and he let focused on his work again.

I was glad he had forgiven me, but this was way too funny to stop. Some minutes stroke by. I decided to let Mycroft hear my next quote, making him sigh and to look at me again. 'What must I do to let you remain silence?' He asked.

'I'm glad you asked.' I said and rose. I placed the book on the couch with care and looked at Mycroft. Since we both knew that the fencing scene between Hamlet and Laertes would soon come, Mycroft already started to protest. 'I am not, I cannot, I will not fight you!' He said but I ripped one of the rapier hat were placed on the wall off it, and I held it with the point aiming at Mycroft. 'Come on, Myc, stop working!' I commanded and smirked at him. 'Will you be silence after our fight?' Mycroft asked and rose when I nodded. He started clearly irritated and not impressed;

 "I am satisfied in nature,

Whose motive in this case should stir me most

To my revenge. But in my terms of honour

I stand aloof, and will no reconcilement

Till by some elder masters, of known honour,

I have a voice and precedent of peace