John - Valentine special

A/N

Hey there! We'll start the Valentine specials with John! Maybe Valentine's day is already over for you because your in a different time zone... sorry for that! Here comes John's special, I hope you'll like it! 

***

I woke up by a touch on my nose that moved over to my cheek. 'Good morning.' I heard someone say up close. I slightly opened my eyes and watched golden sunlight enter the room through the window. The bright rays shone on the face that was close to me and showed an even brighter smile. 'Hey.' I said and opened my eyes a bit more. Yes, John was indeed smiling like a madman. But then he suddenly looked played-disappointed.

'What is it?' I asked.

'I tell you 'good morning' and you can only reply with a mere 'hey'! Don't you know what day it is?' John smiled again as he saw my asking face. 'You forgot again, didn't you? It's Valentine!'

Sudden fright took me. Valentine! I hadn't planned nor bought anything. John happily moved closer and wrapped his arms around me. 'Happy Valentine, my love.' He whispered sweetly. I had always adored John's embraces, they made me feel so safe, so secure and wanted. One of his legendary hugs was a wonderful Valentine present on its own.

'Yeah, happy Valentine, John.' I said disappointed. 'I totally forgot and I don't have anything for you...' It's better for him to know the truth than to rush and get something not worthy for someone as precious as him.

He only chuckled. 'Awww, look at you! That's okay, my love. I've got something so amazing planned for you, it will serve as a present for both of us.' I smiled with curiosity in my eyes. 'What have you planned?' But John just shook his head with a childlike smirk on his face. 'No no, not yet. You will see it later. Now you must either sleep some more or get up and change.'

He got up and I decided to sleep some more. But five minutes later John jumped into the room, telling me that I should get up because he wanted to see my reaction on his brilliant plan. So I laughed and got up anyway.

***

He brought me to a wonderful spot close to a calm but wonderful river. It was flood and the river flooded the lower grounds, but one green spot was higher so it was untouched by the river. And on top of the tempting green grass, a rug was spread with a jolly looking basket on top of it. I smiled when I saw the cute sight and the blushing but smiling look on John's face. He looked happy since I approved of his brilliant plan.

John stepped into the river to reach the little green island. 'Come,' he said as he saw me hesitate. 'the water isn't that cold, dearie.' But even though his words were comforting, on his face was a mischievous grin. I placed my foot doubtingly in the water and the cold seemed to freeze my entire foot. 'That's cold, you fool!' I said and quickly took a step back. John laughed loudly and happily.

So I decided to get my revenge.

I cupped my hands and bowed down to fill them with water. John had his eyes closed because of his loud laughing, so I took my filled cup to his head, and poured the water over him. His eyes opened suddenly.

'That's cold! Hey!' He shouted and now it was my time to laugh.

'Alright, alright.' Said the wet John, 'I wanted to spend a romantic day with you but if you want war...' he dramatically paused, '...you shall have it.'

And then, before I could blink, John was next to me and lifted me up bridal style. 'Put me down, you fool!' I protested and laughed. But my laugh soon faded away when I noticed that John was walking further and further into the water, past the green island. The freezingly cold water already reached his middle.